2017 PREDICTIONS!

6 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

You know you're bored when you dig through the previous years predictions to see who was close......

@Cappybara (WOAH YOU CAN TAG PEOPLE) had a pretty #### close one for last year, and barely after finals in 2015 lol.  I color coded it (green = right, yellow = 1 off, etc).  

• 5/12 right including all three medalists in the correct order.  
  • 3/12 that were only one placement away.  
  • 2/12 were within 2 placements and 11/12 finalists.  

I underestimated the Cavies for sure. Let's hope I correctly predicted all three medalists this year too :)

8 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I might dig through last years to see who was closest......

If you come across my posts, don't bother. I'm not close any year!

We are now 10, count em,10 days away from the opening day of what is shaping up to be a very competitive year.  Especially if you believe everyone saying all corps are so much better than last year  LOL.  Obviously some will be, others may not be.  In any case, it appears the bar has been raised.

Several corps have public showings this week so we may get another round of how "incredible" they are to influence predictions.  Within a 48 hour period between 6/22 & 6/24, (17) of the top (22) corps will have performed.  Some are getting a second show in by then.

Who is winning on Opening night in Indy between Bluecoats, Crown, Cavies, Cadets, Blue Stars or Crossmen?  How about out west in Clovis the next night with BD, SCV, Blue Knights, Phantom, Academy, Mandarins, Pacific Crest, BDB & Vanguard Cadets.  Then the next night in Massillon with Bluecoats, Carolina, Cadets, Boston and Troopers (very interesting night for sure).  That same night in Whitewater has Cavies, Blue Stars, Crossmen, Madison and Colts.

• Like 5

On 6/7/2017 at 4:39 PM, phd-student-TTU said:

Here's my quick take and general impressions from what info has been released so far. Predictions are in the order from last year's finals.

Bluecoats: I like the music a lot. Don't know about their retention/age out rates, but they should do well, somewhere between 2–4.

Blue Devils: LOVE the theme and the music. Top 3 easily if not winning.

Crown: I know they retained their musical staff, which is good. Sacktig is a great drill designer, but they'll lose a lot in the guard design department. Never been a fan of Subel's work. They may take a hit as guard is a major component of visual. 3–6.

Santa Clara Vanguard: Just kinda meh about this show theme and musical selections. Nothing terribly exciting or innovative. I'm sure they'll put out a well designed show that's clean and musical similar to last year. 4–6.

Cavaliers: I see them gaining ground. Great music and design staff spending more time to gel together. 2–4.

Cadets: Lots of changes here. Not really impressed by the theme, music, or design staff atm. I think they'll take a hit. 5–8

Blue Knights: After loving '14 and '15, I was expecting '16 to be amazing. Terribly disappointing. The poor time management took a toll on them. I hear they have almost the whole show on the field now. I could see them 5–7.

Phantom Regiment: GREAT musical choices. I'll reserve my thoughts on visual as I don't know what to expect just yet. Colorguard design and talent level will be very influential on their scores and final placement. Glad the shackles have been removed from the designers. 4–7.

Blue Stars: Sounds like an OK theme. Not overly impressed. Guard will be great, but hopefully Shapiro will show some restraint as he usually over-designs. Not seeing much movement. 8–11.

Crossmen: Sounds like an interesting concept and music. However, I hope the arrangements (esp. the original works) are a bit more inspiring than last year...kinda felt like elevator music to me. 9–12.

The Academy: Sounds like they're on the right track after a successful season last year. Kinda see them in the same range as last year, 10–12.

Boston Crusaders: Like the musical rep, but would like to hear how they tie things together. BIG improvements in guard and visual staff. They could move up a few notches. 8–10.

Now that I've listened to BAC's stuff they've put out on social media, 5-7.

Hey Guys -

I am looking for some volunteers to test a beta iOS app related to DCI predictions.

Please PM me if you are interested. We are close to shipping v1 and I would like some more feedback.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I predict INT will be forgotten by everyone

Not their costumes. They're so invisible, you can see right through them... and thats not good.

• Like 1

While I enjoy reading prognostications of others, I don't (usually) make any myself.  There are too many great kids giving it their all each season to try and rank one group above another.  Yes -- I have my favorites, but in the end I just like to sit back and be entertained.  

• Like 2

I can't believe I'm saying this so soon after my previous post, but for several years now INT's show has literally been driving folks from their seats.  Those that stick around don't appear to be very interested.  So sad.