Staff merri-go-round

heck no -- party on the ledge!

I'm gonna buy you all a round or two up there on the ledge... ... heck, maybe 3 or 4 . ( ..haha )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Does this mean that all the Crowniacs can come off the ledge now that Michael Klesch should be staying put at Crown ?

um - he could end up at Boston - right?

um - he could end up at Boston - right?

I think theres no more room at the Inn.

I think Boston's 2017 staff ( except for caption assistants, and the like ) is set. But I wouldn't exactly bet the farm on that either.. its just my sense of things from talking to some others there.

Edited by BRASSO

Ryan George is the brass arranger in Boston.

Yes, that is my understanding as well.

I think theres no more room at the Inn.

I think Boston's 2017 staff ( except for caption assistants, and the like ) is set.

But I wouldn't exactly bet the farm on that either..

its just my sense of things from talking to some others there.

What kind of farm? Animal Farm?

Really hoping cadets can pull their guard up, used to be one of the strongest units every year. Haven't been a fan of a CG uniform from them since, ummmmm 2007? They need a power house name to come in that will revive the guard. Where is Rosie Queen or Jennifer Leseth these days? Their work with Crown and SCV, respectably, was phenomenal.

Crown, I see this is a creative opportunity for a new drill writer. Please don't spoil it. I think I was the minority here, but I haven't been a fan of May's drill for a few years. I wonder if they will some visual trademarks, like the jazz run block that folds back on itself, the rotating 3D prisms, or the free form park and bark at the end of the openers? Surely they will keep the crown sets.

Anyone want to throw some names in the hat for Crown's drill writer?

Rosie hasn't been with Crown since the end of 2014 I believe. She taught DCI (Cadets, Cavaliers, Crown) for like 21 straight years, so I don't blame her for wanting to narrow her focus to just BOA and WGI. She's one of the best color guard instructors of all time and it'd be awesome to see her back in DCI..

Shanefield's work at Rosemont was uneven. Some hits (2010), some near-hits, some complete whiffs (the entire '12 and '13 shows, for ex...). But there were obviously a lot of program issues there, so it'd be hard to put too much of that on him.

Yea, I pretty much agree with what Slingerland says above, including years he mentions. Additionally, I add that I feel '14 was a near hit for me,

'09 was ok, but really REALLY dry, '11 was a hit for me... The misses outweighed the hits though. Probably some of that was program coordination too though.

He's a Cadet alum, and obviously a talented arranger, so maybe with a different team ( and program coordinator), he will be cranking out hits every year!

Best wishes to him of course!