Staff merri-go-round

Conversation is good. Hateful, deliberate attacks are not . You think people come here to listen to people vent their personal vendettas against others??

I'm not quite sure if I should offer you a mirror or a cup of coffee. Perhaps both might help you get over yourself.

• Like 2

While I don't think that these rumblings were being ignored previously, I do think that they are being more closely evaluated now and the responses are definitely more heated. For many of us the constant banter about "evil Hoppy" vs "you're just a Cadets hater" has become white noise. So the Glassdoor postings previously had been lost in the shuffle. The sharks probably just thought they were seeing shadows. But with the drop in competitive success coinciding with the new rumors, the sharks now see blood in the water.

With that being said, what do we expect from a community that has an annual post feasting on the job loss of others? It makes me wonder how many members have actually spent time with any of these professionals and their spouses and their children and have the ability to see them as actual human beings and not pieces and your little name of the fantasy football league.

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 1

IMO the composition of guard work was not a top 12 guard. The performing members rescued the guard by over achieving what was written! Keeping the WEAKEST link? Very logical? NOT!

The impression I'm getting is not a matter of GH letting them go, it's them wanting to move on and GH not being able to retain them.

There is a reason for all this.

There's a reason YEA is constantly hiring.

There's a reason USSBA had to be retooled to USBands.

There's a reason for the 1.5 star rating on Glassdoor.

I absolutely HATE not wanting to donate to YEA because really I do believe in its mission. I just don't think I can trust that it's being used for what it's being asked. Unfortunately, money talks... And in instances like this, the lack of money speaks even louder. If this mass exodus comes to fruition and the Cadets are left without McNutt, Cipriani, and Bocook (after already losing Sacktig and Heimbecker) and nothing is changed at the highest level, they will not see another dime from me.

• Like 3

Conversation is good. Hateful, deliberate attacks are not and many sites prevent such things. You think people come here to listen to people vent their personal vendettas against others?? Is that the purpose of DCP? Really?? These people who want or need to attack can send a personal message and save us all from having to read their garbage, but they don't because they want the attention.. It makes them feel important.. Other sites give warnings. 3 warnings and you are out. You think these people would risk being banned?? Where would they go to vent and play out their vendettas?? They would control themselves for sure. But we all know this behavior is very common on the internet so guess we all have to just put up with it.. NOT ! DCP does not allow personal attacks yet yesterday their were plenty of that going on and nothing was done so guess I am wasting my breath. Have a great winter everyone !!!

I haven't noticed any personal attacks in this thread. But a quick perusal of your post history revealed one instance where you called a DCP moderator a "schmuck" and another where you put someone down, saying they must've been cut from a corps, because they'd made a critical comment about said corps.

edit: Okay, so I do remember a post from earlier in the thread that was definitely a personal attack, so I guess I have to eat my own words on that a bit. But I still think it's a bit much to so quickly characterize critical posts as hate, even though I do understand the underlying frustration with that kind of stuff.

Edited by year1buick
  • Like 3

IMO the composition of guard work was not a top 12 guard. The performing members rescued the guard by over achieving what was written! Keeping the WEAKEST link? Very logical? NOT!

Oh the story behind the story on this one with the Cadets... but no way am I going there on here ( haha!)

Edited by BRASSO

Curious, didn't Sacktig this past season due to having to take care of a sick family member?

That is correct.