2017 Boston Crusaders

2 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I WITNESSED those shows LIVE. You saying that I'm a rookie under you is a little condescending and really unnecessary. That's not a very nice thing to say.

I'm not faulting your idea...I just don't agree with it...and I agree with your second point...leave it up to the design team...

It was condescending. I'm sorry. It was an immature reaction to being treated as if I were unaware of Boston's style or did not have a lengthy or deep investment in their success. 

• Like 1

I'll throw my two cents in.  I like the ending for the theatrics of it.  It is one the best effects of any corps this year, if not the best effect.  It's not just another static prop.  It is dynamic and is intended to be just that.  To the point of creating a sad moment, something specifically sad at the end would diminish the dynamic created.  Thoughout the production, if you look into all the actions of the MM's you will find sadness, anger, hysteria, cruelty.  The portrayal of Salem witch trials and the message being sent is, to me, obvious.  No need to contrive an additional unnecessary element.  All that being said, if there were an added component being planned, this design staff has shown they are complete in their thought and incorporation into an amazingly well designed show from a visual and musical standpoint.  There would be little question as to whatever is done, if anything, it would be very apropos.

Now, everyone play nice.  Let the designers design, techs clean and the kids perform the ever living hell out of this show!  Eat em up Boston. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, PRPhan4ever said:

This indeed IS my fave show of the year!  SCV a close 2nd... what lures me is the wonderful flow of the show..... to me (IMHO) everything just 'gels' from the opening to the end..... the voice overs are appropriate, moving and accurate.  The guard and percussion really SELL the theme while brass leads you into a stellar musical journey that makes you want to listen to it over & over, and over!  From the intro to the vocalist, to the portrayal of the '######' it all tells the story as it builds.   The ending is raw, perfectly executed and literally blows us away.  Smoke, fire and brimstone.... ties it all together!

This staff (and these performers) have put together something extraordinary and we the fans and spectators can be transported through their skill, artistry and performance!  Actually being a fan of Bostons for the past 4-5 years (I'm a Phantom homer) that I am SO ELATED that is  This corps has that has been able to experience a 'rebirth' as you will with new blood, new vision, new horizons to meet!  I love Gino, Colin and the others who embarked on this transition - no assurance of what they would meet and MADE IT the show EVERYONE (well almost everyone) is talking about!

I can't wait to see it live in Clifton & Allentown.  I want to feel the enthusiasm, the pride, the achievement from the staff & members when I sit in on a rehearsal then see the show live.  Isn't it that way for all of us?  In some ways it is... can you imagine being one of these marching members at BAC?  I can't even.... I liken it to possibly having the winning lottery numbers, but no one will tell them if they have all the #'s correct until finals!  Truth be told,  my greatest joy was when I was volunteering and seeing, meeting, and being around the members and staff that make up this thing called DCI.  I want to see Boston 4th, or higher - and maybe a new Champion!  When I say new, not ne that has won in the past 5 yrs!  I always root for the underdog...and, with my two fave brass arrangers in the thick of things, I couldn't be happier!   Neither can these kids..... they pay and dedicate long, hot, endless hours in all conditions to bring 10-11 minutes of musical and visual euphoria to  us in any means they choose... we are the benefactors of all their hard work!   Let enjoy the rest of the season!  Here's to you Gino, Colin and ALL the BAC MM's, staff, support staff and anyone who has seen this wondrous treinvigoration of a fantastic corps and organization!

TOTALLY agree, I hope your live viewing experience is as amazing as mine was.  Easily a highlight of my time as a drum corps fan.  

The sky is the limit for this corps in the coming years, and this years is just the beginning.  And what a hell of a start it is.  

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, cowtown said:

I seconded DCI want of a giant, inflatable Satan to appear at the end

So long as BAC burns him in the end, sure why not.

I think it'll be interesting to see how Boston ( and other Corps as well ) fine tune their shows come Championships.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

So long as BAC burns him in the end, sure why not.

I think it'll be interesting to see how Boston ( and other Corps as well ) fine tune their shows come Championships.

"and yes, we've just begun."

• Like 1

6 hours ago, craiga said:

I have to respectfully disagree.  Boston's "up" ending is one of the most effective, crowd pleasing, baby throwing moments in all of DCI this year.  Why would anyone want to mess with that by putting in a down ending?  Yikes!

I agree the ending should be fast/loud.

All I would say is that if the audience is happy that an innocent person was murdered on bogus charges, that's ... problematic.

(And I'm not saying audiences do feel that way about Boston's show.)