Cadets 2017

1 hour ago, henry7184 said:

You don't know me. I did not bag on them in 2015. I was #teamcadets all season, right up until worlds (where Crown blew me away and I wanted them or Cadets to win). Their 2015 show was AWESOME. The most demand and amazing execution. How a hornline could win brass marching a drill like that is beyond me. Great music and great drill. I was critical of their show last year and am even more critical this year. So what. Ignore me then.

I have to know how in God's creation you can be MORE critical this year than last?  They are not even in the same ball park.  This show is light years better.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, candymancan said:

I have to know how in God's creation you can be MORE critical this year than last?  They are not even in the same ball park.  This show is light years better.

You're right, they are not in the same ball park. This show is not better than last year. I will say the guard appears to be better, and I like their book better, but as a whole it is not better.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, henry7184 said:

So what. Ignore me then.

Shouldn't be too difficult 

7 hours ago, Cappybara said:

That's actually a pretty interesting question. 

I'd assume the main draw now is the history and legacy behind the corps more than anything. 

...which it seems like those current people of marching age do not care as much about as other age groups. My opinion is that that age group wants new and exciting over history and legacy.

We just have to wait and see how Cadets are going to be known.  I want to like them and be in awe of their shows again, so I'm not going to disparage the current group, but I do see a lot of Rose colored glasses happening in this thread.  The homerism here is greater than any other group.  I'm rooting for The Cadets.

I think they're in a position where they're going to just have to prove the nay sayers wrong. It is going to be an uphill battle for them this season, imho, based solely on what I've seen from other corps this offseason, and especially this last 2 weeks.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, dans said:

Wow...you're back. Here we go again. You're a very self-absorbed individual.

Danny growing up around you I had great teachers!

4 hours ago, oldcadetsop said:

Hope he had fun on his required 2 weeks away from the bank.  LOL. Some people are what they are, Hope Florida was fun.

actually I get 25 days now I think. I forget. I would have stayed in Florida longer, the wife only wanted 4 days at Disney

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

87 was amazing!!

i will never forget Allentown that year and the showdown between those two corps

IMO they got robbed in Allentown. 

53 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

...which it seems like those current people of marching age do not care as much about as other age groups. My opinion is that that age group wants new and exciting over history and legacy.

We just have to wait and see how Cadets are going to be known.  I want to like them and be in awe of their shows again, so I'm not going to disparage the current group, but I do see a lot of Rose colored glasses happening in this thread.  The homerism here is greater than any other group.  I'm rooting for The Cadets.

I think they're in a position where they're going to just have to prove the nay sayers wrong. It is going to be an uphill battle for them this season, imho, based solely on what I've seen from other corps this offseason, and especially this last 2 weeks.

If that's necessarily true, then many of those of marching age from last year would not have left the corps (based on what I have heard, which also may not be true). And let's not minimize my question. It has nothing to do with homerism. It is genuine concern based on the last few years. Cadets lately have been falling while other corps have been rising. So you all can call it what you want. But the realistic situation is out there for anyone to see. This season will hopefully be a great one for Cadets. But they need to be on their A game if they want to continue being competitive. 

• Like 5

Just watched the donor feed - Cadets looked better tonight than last night. Amazing what practice (without learning anything new) can do!

• Like 4