Cadets 2017

Just now, henry7184 said:

If only I were as thin as a cat.

I'm sure you're beautiful, mean but beautiful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

I am having one very strong reaction to this show.   More in my review tomorrow.  

A sore neck...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Eleran said:

i think what people are getting at is that simply saying "it's not a good design, musically or visually" or "Mass is a wonderful piece, just not in the this arrangement" or "isn't even close to being a good design. It's not interesting musically, the drill is a mess (to be frank), the theme doesn't cut it, and the uniforms are awful" without even once offering up a single specific instance of what exactly is so poor about the arrangement, drill, costumes, theme, etc., leaves readers with the opinion that you are here for no other reason than to rail against the Cadets. 

THIS!!!!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, henry7184 said:

I agree. It's meaty with a readable drill, exceptionally well integrated guard, and great music. They are going to do very well come August.

It moves at the same pace alot.  Sure the brass sounds great, they are great.  But most of their big, loud and hard licks are done standing still.  It looks like a really good BOA show.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, candymancan said:

It moves at the same pace alot.  Sure the brass sounds great, they are great.  But most of their big, loud and hard licks are done standing still.  It looks like a really good BOA show.

LOL. This comment, coupled with your last one, proves you know not how good drum corps shows are designed, or how judging works. 

Edited by henry7184

Just now, henry7184 said:

LOL. This comment, coupled with your last one, proves you know absolutely nothing about this activity, how good drum corps shows are designed, or how judging works. 

And you do? You've yet to give any explanation for why Cadets design is so terrible (I'm genuinely curious here, as I have no idea whether Cadets design is good or bad, so please ELI5 to me why you have this opinion).

• Like 1