The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

The argument that Blue Devils win because they play to the sheets more than other corps doesn't really work anymore because they all do.  The sheets give up a lot to personal interpretation and since we see the same judges so often people here on DCP are able to predict who will be up or down based on who is judging.  That's not a good thing. So no it's not the sheets, it's the lack of new blood in the judging panels.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, jmc5682 said:

I am not wrong.

It's OK to be wrong. All of us are, more often than we like to admit.

Congratulations BD, SCV and Mandarins.  Lets make August 12th a California party by having BD and SCV take 1st and 2nd (any order will do) and Mandarins in 12 or even higher if possible.  It feels like 1981 or 1982!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Because they are two sides of the same coin. As your answer shows.

Last year I told a corps director that I thought his show should have placed one position better than it did. Was that wrong of me?

As you saw in my last post, context matters. Saying something positive in private to someone is very different from saying something negative about placements in private or in an open forum 

that is my position, it won't change. You will never find me saying a corps didn't deserve (this is the word I take issue with) a championship or a placement. You will find me confused about why a placement happened. 

Crown guard got hosed like I've never seen. Yeah, they're repeating a caption win this year, but jesus that was not an 8th place run or design. That said, it bodes extremely well for Crown's future if they have an 8th place sub and still take 3rd and within a point of 1st.

Edited by defeldus2
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Newseditor44 said:

Are your parties in a wad over my being sarcastic. If so, I win. 

slide_15.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kamarag said:

So, Scouts. I actually love the costumes (ok, not the headgear), and the visual look and theme, But boy did they miss the mark musically. This could have been all modern music, even some pop/rock, and been a thousand times better.

Exactly. The music is too "clean" for the visual, and the two don't match.

Mike

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, POSITIVenrgy said:

Congrats to PR! Just getting better and better all the time..... I thought they were on fire tonight! Well deserved score!! And my beloved SCV just has to keep doing what they're doing, and whittle away at that spread!! It's only a matter of time!

FYI.... The spread was only .3 the last time they met in CA.  This one is going down to the wire.

On 7/17/2017 at 8:35 AM, Ghost said:

With the first " we'll get a better read on overall placements" regional soon and the fair comments that "you can't compare corps being judged by different panels", let's see how accurate that last comment may/may not be.  Other than the MAN and PC who competed on July 9th, the other WC corps were judged on the 8th.  

CC    81.900        BD  90.100                                               MS    70.750         MS  78.025

BD    81.900         SCV  89.625                                            ACD  68.750          ACD  75.800

SCV  80.200         CC  89.175                                             CLT    67.650          CT   73.975

BC    80.100          BC  88.0025                                            CT      67.000         CLT  73.675

CAV  79.850           CAV  87.000                                           PC     65.500          SOA  71.425

CAD  78.450           BAC  85.625           

BAC  77.000           CAD  84.975                                           SOA   65.350          PC  70.675                   

PR    74.900            PR  83.350                                             OC     64.050          OC  70.150

BK   74.900              BK  82.525                                            SEA   63.750           GEN  67.900

BS    73.375             CM  80.250                                           GEN   60.225           SEA  67.000   

CM   72.850              BS  80.050                                            JER   57.000            JER  65.525             

MAN  71.000             MAN  78.325                                         PIO    52.225            PIO  61.225

Yes, some corps by July 8th/9th only had a few shows judged, so this is just a possible waste of key strokes by moi and as a possible preview of the annual discussion about the "S" word.

The 2nd and 4th column above have the San Antonio scores by finish.

Other than Crown going from a tie for 1st to 3rd, the other changes were the same two corps changing positions, and the rest stayed the same.  Soooo, no major changes since July 8-9.  Yes, scores are tightening up among some within their "grouping", but there is enough info to begin the annual discussion about the word that shall not be used.  Anyone else can add in next weeks regional's scores if they wish.  This might just be a waste of my time.