The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

I don't think performance order matters as much as we think

As others have pointed out - sometimes later seems to help as the judges are awarding higher #s then

But as others have pointed out - you are being compared to the top corps performing around you

So it's a mixed bag at best IMO

I've only seen a few occasions where it seems to make a difference

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I would have preferred them after Cavies and before Bluecoats...but it is what it is so to speak...

No doubt.  I think on one hand it's really cool to see Boston getting the credit and being seeded so nicely. How long has it been since they have had this high a seeded time in a major regional?  So that's really cool.  But yes, you have to go on after last year's DCI Champion who happens to have general effect out the yin-yang and incredible performance levels. It may push their numbers down some...but still I think Boston is up for the challenge.  They definitely have a big-boy top 5 kind of sound and swagger to them this year. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

As others have pointed out - sometimes later seems to help as the judges are awarding higher #s then

But as others have pointed out - you are being compared to the top corps performing around you

2012-2016, BD has performed first at the Dekalb/Rockford TOC against the other DCI heavyweights. BD is 4-1 with their only loss coming in 2013. They are also going on first tomorrow night at the Broken Arrow TOC. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chief Guns said:

2012-2016, BD has performed first at the Dekalb/Rockford TOC against the other DCI heavyweights. BD is 4-1 with their only loss coming in 2013. They are also going on first tomorrow night at the Broken Arrow TOC. 

Yup and a good likelihood to win it!

13 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Agreed. It may affect spreads, but not so much the actual ranking.

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

Yup and a good likelihood to win it!

It's possible. Not going to be easy. But if they do it's cause they were the better corps that evening. If they don't than they was out performed by the winner. Period. No excuses or blaming judges, performance order. 

4 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Agree. Judges do a great job. Sometimes this can affect the spread (as others have noted) but placements for the most part are pretty accurate. Besides, when it comes to the Blue Devils this particular year, good luck taking that down. Hoping Bluecoats can cut the spread some, but that BD show is simply pure fun and incredibly well performed. They may not get beat...ever. We shall see. 

• Like 1

With the first " we'll get a better read on overall placements" regional soon and the fair comments that "you can't compare corps being judged by different panels", let's see how accurate that last comment may/may not be.  Other than the MAN and PC who competed on July 9th, the other WC corps were judged on the 8th.  

CC    81.900                           MS    70.750

BD    81.900                            ACD  68.750

SCV  80.200                           CLT    67.650

BC    80.100                            CT      67.000

CAV  79.850                            PC     65.500

CAD  78.450                       

BAC  77.000                           SOA   65.350                       

PR    74.900                             OC     64.050 

BK    74.900                             SEA   63.750

BS    73.375                              GEN   60.225   

CM   72.850                               JER   57.000               

MAN  71.000                              PIO    52.225

Yes, some corps by July 8th/9th only had a few shows judged, so this is just a possible waste of key strokes by moi and as a possible preview of the annual discussion about the "S" word.

Edited by Ghost

I see Pioneer is showing up a little late to the 2016 San Antonio Regional this year.

Better Every Day Pio! 

5 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

It's possible. Not going to be easy. But if they do it's cause they were the better corps that evening. If they don't than they was out performed by the winner. Period. No excuses or blaming judges, performance order. 

But if they have a bad run it doesn't count, right?

Just kidding.