The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

With the first " we'll get a better read on overall placements" regional soon and the fair comments that "you can't compare corps being judged by different panels", let's see how accurate that last comment may/may not be.  Other than the MAN and PC who competed on July 9th, the other WC corps were judged on the 8th.  

CC    81.900                           MS    70.750

BD    81.900                            ACD  68.750

SCV  80.200                           CLT    67.650

BC    80.100                            CT      67.000

CAV  79.850                            PC     65.500

CAD  78.450                            SOA   65.350                       

PR    74.900                             OC     64.050 

BK    74.900                             SEA   63.750

BS    73.375                              GEN   60.225   

CM   72.850                               JER   57.000               

MAN  71.000                              PIO    52.225

Yes, some corps by July 8th/9th only had a few shows judged, so this is just a possible waist of key strokes by moi and as a possible preview of the annual discussion about the "S" word.

Did you leave out BAC or Bloo?

9 hours ago, craiga said:

The bag thing is a mystery to me.  I've been going to drum corps shows since the 70's and I have never brought a bag into the stadium.  What in tarnation are you all filling these bags with?

waffles.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

waffles.

Filth.

(had to get in a Monty Python reference)

Edited by WaxDCIFan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, craiga said:

The bag thing is a mystery to me.  I've been going to drum corps shows since the 70's and I have never brought a bag into the stadium.  What in tarnation are you all filling these bags with?

For me, it's my camera with lenses. Do I need all the equipment? No, but I bring it anyway. I think people try to sneak in food as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjoakes said:

But if they have a bad run it doesn't count, right?

Just kidding.

No matter how much someone hates BD, i think we can agree that most BD fans are normally the last ones to blame BD's performance run on their placement at a particular show. Yes some do, but every fan base has those people that look to excuses.  If they have a bad run and don't win, that's their fault and their problem. Get your **** together and come out firing on all cylinders the next show. And yes i know and understand you are just kidding. Lol.

2 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

No matter how much someone hates BD, i think we can agree that most BD fans are normally the last ones to blame BD's performance run on their placement at a particular show. Yes some do, but every fan base has those people that look to excuses.  If they have a bad run and don't win, that's their fault and their problem. Get your **** together and come out firing on all cylinders the next show. And yes i know and understand you are just kidding. Lol.

Expecting a highlight of my visit to SA will be seeing the Blue Devils live.

• Like 2

Just now, mjoakes said:

Expecting a highlight of my visit to SA will be seeing the Blue Devils live.

You won't be disappointed. BD live is just awesome. METAMORPH is a show you have to see live to truly appreciate what they are doing.