TOC - Broken Arrow, OK - July 18

25 minutes ago, StarVoyager said:

Disagree.....

I'm never interested in scores only placements and spreads - they tell the truth. But it's okay to agree to disagree. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

I always take issue with a comment that says a judge screwed over someone. Maybe they just, you know, judged and called it as they saw it... One judge focusing on his specific caption during an entire show or a fan judging all captions during a show; hmmm I'll take the judge every time.

Right, it happens sometimes, doesn't mean it will stay that way forever but yeah, call em as you see/hear em.

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Probabaly unless Coats can get back into it 

Bloo isn't on the same level as BD and SCV IMO. Not this year, anyway. And if I'm being honest, neither is Crown. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

I'm not an expert at divining anything from the recaps, but they do look a little weird for some reason.  I'll take these with a grain of salt and wait to see what happens in San Antonio before making any predictions for the rest of the season.

TOC shows tend to be scored weird. I'm not sure why. I too want to wait until San Antonio before making any predictions/definitive statements

• Like 2

Just now, crownisking said:

Bloo isn't on the same level as BD and SCV IMO. Not this year, anyway. And if I'm being honest, neither is Crown. 

Very well could come down to 2 

1 minute ago, pudding said:

As a singular example, Crown 4th in Vis. Proficiency but 2nd in Vis. Analysis is very strange. Same with SCV 1st in Vis. Proficiency but 3rd in Vis. Analysis.

But those assess different visual aspects: Vis Prof assesses the individual responsibility and performance; Vis Analysis assesses the ensemble achievement.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pudding said:

As a singular example, Crown 4th in Vis. Proficiency but 2nd in Vis. Analysis is very strange. Same with SCV 1st in Vis. Proficiency but 3rd in Vis. Analysis.

Dude, enough with the Crown hate. We get you don't like the show, the singing, etc. honestly, we get it already. Sheesh.

26 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Vanguard on an off night, half a point behind. Easily made up in brass where they were .3 behind BD. They had been beating them head to head all season...

I'm not interested in scores, placements and spreads - tell the truth. Different opinions won't change the results. 

1 minute ago, POSITIVenrgy said:

And with just .5 between them..... it's only a matter of time. Keep pushing Santa Clara!! You got this!

I get the sense that SCV room to layer to this show.  If they can take a page out Crown's book on layering throughout the season, they could win this thing.  Performance categories are excellent.   It is up to the design team to out them over the top. 

• Like 2