The Official DCI Southeastern Championship Thread - July 29, 2017

2 minutes ago, PeterGibbons said:

Looking at the recaps, I suspect this is going to come down to the spreads in Guard and Percussion. 

Yes and no. They might just cancel each other out. 

Notable things I'm seeing in the recap:

SCV beating BD in GE again tonight.

Guard is incredibly close across the top. Cavies guard takes silver!

SCV brass pulling closer to BD. 

Cadets are on 6th place island in this show.  I'd love to see where Boston ends up with them (Tomorrow!)

Phantom is beating BK on visual. If BK can figure out their guard equipment and play up that color more cleanly, they'll pass Phantom in the end.

Blue Stars biggest problem seems to be the GE.  

Spirit seems to be doing real well in their cluster.  Oregon Crusaders are probably the wild card there, if they clean up, I can see them jumping up over Pacific Crest and Spirit.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

How is phantom beating BK?

Because BK has a lackluster visual program 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jasgre2000 said:

Are the 2 percussion judges judging the same thing?  Pretty big disparity between the two regarding BD.

Yes and no. One is on the field, the other is up in the stands. The one on the field is more of the "individual or sectional-like" judge and the one up in the stand is more ensemble oriented. Both are judging percussion but just different perspectives of percussion if that makes sense...

• Like 3

Just now, wilme861 said:

Yes and no. One is on the field, the other is up in the stands. The one on the field is more of the "individual or sectional-like" judge and the one up in the stand is more ensemble oriented. Both are judging percussion but just different perspectives of percussion if that makes sense...

That makes sense.  Thanks.

Can someone explain to me why a .013 margin is possible? And corps finishing with .x38 and .x88?

4 minutes ago, ripchops said:

Can someone explain to me why a .013 margin is possible? And corps finishing with .x38 and .x88?

As of 2016, half-points are now allowed for subcaptions for those razor-thin flip-of-a-coin margins between evenly matched corps. The purpose is to avoid ties within subcaptions. This is why numbers now often end in .x38 or .x88 - it's supposed to be a rounding of .x375/.x875 to the nearest thousandth.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown