Cadets 2018

The season will be tough in any way forward. I’d be disappointed for the kids if they just cancelled the tour. But I’d understand why if the Board collapses without a clear replacement. 

Even if there’s mass departures, for which no youth or parent should be shamed or blamed, I could see a dedicated small unit revamp a small scale show and we might see something that we look back on like we now do for the “small but big group that saved BAC.”  

Tour won't be cancelled, why punish the members for the heinous crimes of GH

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Eleran said:

In other news ...

my son is greatly looking forward to camp this week, and the opportunity to play again alongside some terrific brass players, with the help of some fantastic instructors.  I believe the Cadets intend to lock down the brass solo performers by the end of the weekend as well, including the flugelists.  Fingers crossed!

[And he also finally made his college choice tonight, so it's been an all-around eventful day].

i plan to applaud him and everyone else vociferously this summer...even if i dont like the show

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Personally, I'd like to see everyone in the stands give the kids a standing ovation as they take the field for their first performance.  They didn't ask for this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, scvanguard1 said:

Personally, I'd like to see everyone in the stands give the kids a standing ovation as they take the field for their first performance.  They didn't ask for this.

I can imagine them getting a standing o at the beginning of every show.  

• Like 3

I (still) am looking forward to seeing Cadets on the NW route this July. Never have seen them live, and I'd hate for them to cancel. They will get a huge cheer from the Boise crowd. This is the corps I highlighted when the schedule came out. I do realize that it's a bit selfish right now for me to want to see them on tour.  Anyway, best wishes for alums, staff, and current MMs and families.

• Like 2