Minneapolis, MN - July 7, 2018

The Madison thread is full of dichotomy thinking: must be traditional or modern, no in between. I think that's poor critical thinking. Here is reigning champion BD hanging out and playing a killer Natural Woman with great screamers almost as though they lifted the idea from 1970s MacArthur Park. With a bit of vision, there's just no reason Madison shouldn't find a way to fit into this era of drum corps.

• Like 8

You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman is just another incredible Blue Devils arrangement.  It rivals 1992's When a Man Loves a Woman.

• Like 9

Just now, drummer5485 said:

Yes they did, but that was more the "battery" speak we drummers use a lot, Konnokal is actual syllabic rhythms in indian music.

A fair point, but I still think anything rhythmic done by a corps should be done live by the performers. I mean, he looks overage to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, awunderlich said:

too many people are underestimating BAC's show this year.

I'm one of them. That might end when I see them tomorrow night. On Flo.

What kind of group is this. Where are the props, the flags....... : )

• Haha 2

I feel like BD really stepped it up over the last performance. The show is starting to have much more clarity and I find it extremely engaging. For most of the show, their pacing is exceptional. 

The “Natural Woman” hints superimposed over the fight have a similar effect to an emotional ballad or other contrasting musical moment juxtaposed with an action scene in a movie. It’s a good effect.

• Like 1