2019 Bloooooooooooooocoats

3 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Yep.  You could still hear some of the Garth Brooks concert from 2017 Saturday morning before the first corps.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/garth-brooks-battles-audio-issues-at-atlanta-stadium-opening-concert-120597/  

It is a very nice, accessible venue.  But the sound is just about as bad as the old RCA Dome.  I would watch shows there, the horns would be down and I’d still hear them playing. 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It is a very nice, accessible venue.  But the sound is just about as bad as the old RCA Dome.  I would watch shows there, the horns would be down and I’d still hear them playing. 

I know they’d been having sound problems at our new US Bank stadium here in Minneapolis as well. The stadium officials have since put in over $1 million in sound baffling equipment similar to LOS like curtains, etc.

so DCI, please come back to Minneapolis!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ajlemm said:

I know they’d been having sound problems at our new US Bank stadium here in Minneapolis as well. The stadium officials have since put in over $1 million in sound baffling equipment similar to LOS like curtains, etc.

so DCI, please come back to Minneapolis!

I am hoping one the new MLS stadium is built in 2022, St Louis (city) will host a regional again  or a big show and not in the old ugly dome...especially with what they are planning w/ the roof

• Like 1

I have to admit that Blackbird is far from the top of my favorite Beatles songs.  However, it is becoming my favorite part of the Bluecoats show this year.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 2

I think in their closer, the last time through playing "Hey Jude" they should do a ritardando and then replay the final chord with some cool guard moment and then bow right after. I think part of the reason the bow seems so abrupt is because it comes right after what feels like a fast paced section. Just my .02.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cfmninjaa said:

I think in their closer, the last time through playing "Hey Jude" they should do a ritardando and then replay the final chord with some cool guard moment and then bow right after. I think part of the reason the bow seems so abrupt is because it comes right after what feels like a fast paced section. Just my .02.

Could work.  My take on the new ending is that Hey Jude is a tough tune to end with after a show like that. It has a repetitive nature to it that wants to keep going at a time when the Bluecoats need to close the show. IMO, the show just worked better with the original ending. I feel that is the potential Gold Medal show. BD is amazingly good, and whoever wins between these two will deserve it for sure. But I like Bloo's chances with the original ending. I say, do the fan version ending (Hey Jude) for Quarters and Semis, then do the Studio version for Finals. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ajlemm said:

I'm always wondering why these type of issues are not addressed during the design phase.  If they think they had no problems from the beginning, then the contract better cover it.

14 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Could work.  My take on the new ending is that Hey Jude is a tough tune to end with after a show like that. It has a repetitive nature to it that wants to keep going at a time when the Bluecoats need to close the show. IMO, the show just worked better with the original ending. I feel that is the potential Gold Medal show. BD is amazingly good, and whoever wins between these two will deserve it for sure. But I like Bloo's chances with the original ending. I say, do the fan version ending (Hey Jude) for Quarters and Semis, then do the Studio version for Finals. 

I like the original version ending also before the changes. Blackbird doesn't have the same effect now either. I thought that was their best song. Your idea is good. It would certainly keep the judges guessing.

8 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

I like the original version ending also before the changes. Blackbird doesn't have the same effect now either. I thought that was their best song. Your idea is good. It would certainly keep the judges guessing.

What were the changes to Blackbird?

I also believe more visual support is need in the ballad.