George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

3 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

Initial thought? Seems like he's getting some help on this PR campaign. We've all seen his grammar and writing composition and this blog is way more polished than he has proven capable of in the past.

It may be slightly more polished, but as I said about the FB post, it is the same narrative he has been spinning for decades. Incredibly Hardworking, Caring Me Against the Other. Only the casting of who The Other is has changed.

He was able to have some degree of success convincing people of that before being blasted with daylight, but it is a far more difficult sell now that the poor financial management, miserable personnel relations, and strikingly similar accusations of serious criminal misconduct have been widely publicized. People have now taken a good, hard look at what was really going on, and you know a lot of details will be presented, especially with YEA's financial countersuit. 

As a very wise mentor once told me, "it's either EVERYONE else, or it's you." Best advice anyone could give. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldcadetsop said:

Pretty stupid move on his part if it is him. From a legal stand point. But ego .................

Pretty stupid is right. Been following some pro-George posters on Reddit way before the 79 turns up here. Unlike DCP Reddit does not require an email verification but gives you a Reddit medal if you do go there. I am an open book signed up here in 2007 still have the same email that is attached to my name and had no reason not to let the rest of you know it. My label on Reddit is dcfan22 and I have the Reddit medal.

When I am on Reddit I check to see if other posters have the medal, none of the pro-George posters went there. The point is George is pretty stupid to think that the Lehigh Valley's DA does not possess the ability to track all this down to him and use it if they think it helps their case. If I was not retired I could track the bread crumbs in the metadata/syntax down to a modem with a simple troubleshooting tool. He is not as anonymous as he may think.

3 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Look at me. Listen to me. Me me me me.  I’m a victim.

Though I have no inside knowledge of the man, I've known MANY a clinically diagnosed narcissist and this is just about right up the typical spectrum on behavior. Again, I don't know GH personally outside of the typical crossing of paths with Cadets at shows as an MM. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

Initial thought? Seems like he's getting some help on this PR campaign. We've all seen his grammar and writing composition and this blog is way more polished than he has proven capable of in the past.

Totally my thought.  The rampant use of ellipsis is noticeably absent.  

1 hour ago, Daave said:

...SNIP...

In either case, WWJD George?

Worth noting here that the search for a church found it's place when he was finally counseled to rigourosly defend himself by the pastor. 

9frs5Yp.jpg

Edited by mingusmonk

42 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Into lying No, seeking them out. Yes. There can be plenty of 1/2 truths in all of this BUT I will say as I did in the beginning ( tried to stay clear of all this back and forth) If these alumni went looking for these women WHAT DId THEY KNOW  way back when it happened and WHY didn't they say something then. 

Your point? 

Ok, a few things from my perspective:

1) I am totally with not guilty until proven in the court of law.

2) This entire "found God", ......................... I will leave it at that.

3) But when many women share the same story, intricate same details.. usually , unless some million n a world chance they colluded, is unheard of.

4) Apparently, the timing of said Lancer 79 and facebook, and whatever that other medium is, is calculated. And trust me, if it is him, he is going against legal advice. But narcissistic attitude tend to follow people. 

5) Someone mentioned, that maybe his legal team bailed. Probably . When you are under investigation, going to court on very serious charges, you stay quiet.Even if you are not guilty.  If you do not think prosecutors are watching every move, e mail, text, fake accounts, etc. Watching here. They can get a warrant for his computer, phone etc in a sec.

I find it sad to be honest, as my screen name says, I marched under him.

There are 2 things you don't f with....... women and children.

Just now, mingusmonk said:

Your point? 

No point at all except there were some who pointed how that it was ridiculous that alumni may have done this and for the reasons.

This, of course, does not excuse nor can anyone defend GH for any behavior. It really doesn't matter how something comes out, especially if true but there can also be plenty of guilt for those who may have enabled such despicable acts

13 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

Worth noting here that the search for a church found it's place when he was finally counseled to rigourosly defend himself by the pastor. 

9frs5Yp.jpg

In one of his missives he said the name of the church. Wondering how other members feel about this being aired in public. Mechanicsburg can be a caring community but....