Most Missed HOF

Nominate corps most-missed from the activity due to a specific "niche" they filled

I'll start this off with Dutch Boy - perennial Canadian champion which I remember featuring fun, audience-friendly reps with lots of soloist and a glamorous all female guard. FUN was Dutch Boy's middle name

1990 they jumped into finals in Buffalo NY

https://www.dutchboydrumcorps.com/

http://www.dcxmuseum.org/index.cfm?view=corpslist&Corpsid=33

What corps do you think are most-missed because they've left a "hole" in the activity

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dutch Boy is a good start.

I'll add the Bridgemen to the list.  In 1976, they took the drum corps world, turned it upside down, and gave it a vigorous shake for good measure.  LOL.

Another corps with "fun" as its middle name... and a corps that also could throw down with the best of them.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 4

Suncoast Sound and Magic of Orlando. Great Florida-based drum corps. Some great shows over the years. Suncoast Sound and their "Florida Suite" show is one I remember fondly. 

• Like 5

Crossmen when the bells were brass, think VK as well, sure there are others. Ripped right through your head. 

Add another for 27th. Unique style, always entertaining, always innovative and always competitive. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Obviously I have to add another vote for 27th Lancers.

But since I am overly biased, I will say Guardsmen. They had great horn lines and filled the oversized shako void.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Add another for 27th. Unique style, always entertaining, always innovative and always competitive. 

YES for 27th Lancers - HOF Most-Missed for sure:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Star of Indiana really left a hole in the activity when they stunned us all with their game-changing "Medea" show in 1993 and then ceased to exist afterwards. I would have loved to have seen how they would build on the success of that show, even though its impact has reverberated all throughout the activity.

Plus, it's sad that we don't have any corps from Indiana anymore.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1