2019 Uniforms

I like SCVs uniforms. Guard especially....

2 hours ago, EricS said:

i hope the color reads on the field.  Crown's did not read well at all IMO

Crown's read very well on the field. People will see that when they are in the top 3 with SCV and BD at finals.

19 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

SCV looks god dang awful. Somehow did as bad as the troopers 

I like the guard a lot. As for the corps, well at least it seems they don't have the filled diaper pants anymore.

Even in year two of this, I still find the approach jarring, I think because it is the Santa Clara Vanguard wearing these, and they were known for decades to project an image of quiet dignity. While of course a fresh approach is healthy and things must change and evolve, this is not evolution so much as wholesale image abandonment, replaced with faux urban emo grit (on upper middle class suburban band kids). 

With Bluecoats (by the same designer), despite the crazy stuff they have worn the past few years, somehow it seems to still fit within their identity and personality parameters. 

Perhaps it will be the work of genius on the field. In my head it's still causing a short circuit and feels a bit forced. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Ugh they looked amazing in the stands. 

Yeah, they did. Of the 6 corps that performed last night, they have by far the best vehicle. Some are threatened by that.

Re SCV—I’m not crazy about the pajama look or the color palette but I’m sure they’ll have a great show, which is what matters most to me. (My own corps has marched in shows that I loved but with uniforms that I hated. It happens.)

Edited by year1buick
clarification

38 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Yeah, they did. Of the 6 corps that performed last night, they have by far the best vehicle. Some are threatened by that.

it certainly didn't read like that at the movies.  died into the field

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Crown's read very well on the field. People will see that when they are in the top 3 with SCV and BD at finals.

good luck

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, year1buick said:

Re SCV—I’m not crazy about the pajama look or the color palette but I’m sure they’ll have a great show, which is what matters most to me. (My own corps has marched in shows that I loved but with uniforms that I hated. It happens.)

I wore uniforms I hated. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1