Pasadena, CA - Saturday, June 29, 2019

13 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

Reminder for die hard fans that have blinders on....your corps is great. And if they are a fan favorite this season and not just your favorite, enjoy that but that still doesn’t mean they will win or even jump BD or SCV. Fan favorite does not = higher scores. 😉

Yea Boston and Cavaliers fans!!!!! 😛

• Haha 1

Just now, KVG_DC said:

Bold take:   BD, Cavies, SCV tonight.

That's how I think it should go, so of course it won't.

• Haha 3

I’m nobody, that said I loved SCVs show.  The music was just beautiful and the musicianship fantastic.  They played and matched great and the pace and flow of the show was entertaining.  Thank you SCV.  By the way I volunteered for the Cavies for 11 years and my son marched 1999-2001.  I love cavaliers show very much but tonight it was SCV for me.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

IDK Gold was pretty #### surprising for an OC this early

Agreed 100%

11 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

They just exude so much talent this season. Everything is so polished for this point in the season.

The execution is off the charts. Knowing the SCV design team...hoping it pulls together better

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Been that way all season from what I've been reading here on DCP. Hard to break that group mentality.

No way josé! Those Cavies are top 3 bound 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bluesman said:

I might be in the minority, but I see SCV opening up their margin over Devils.

Not just you. They are so incredibly clean.  Not something you typically saw from SCV even 2 years ago.  They have really improved immensely.

• Like 3

I am THE #1 Vanguard fan boy. I just don’t know what to think here. On one hand I will be surprised if they don’t want brass and percussion at finals. This horn line is really incredible. I absolutely LOVE the show musically, and they finally got me with the ballad tonight. But, from a visual standpoint, I just can’t get behind it, especially when I see corps like Crown, Blue Stars, Cavies and Boston doing some great drill while playing.

Vanguard just doesn’t march much while playing, and that’s a fact. Pay attention to where the movement is - it’s not with the brass playing the tough parts, it’s not even when the brass is playing a lot of the time, it’s those horn players who aren’t playing at all or not playing the tough parts that are doing any time of movement that is more than a slow walk.

I’m just not sure I can get behind them for the win this year, because I want shows that feature a lot of marching and playing at the same time to score well, because that is the direction I want the activity to go in. Not this.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 3