Pasadena, CA - Saturday, June 29, 2019

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t predict scores but I do predict that people will argue over scores that they have no control over.  And I’m always 100% correct. 

This times 1000. You should take up the lottery with those odds!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

I'm an SCV fanboy, and truly do like this year's show, but I can admit that they are probably benefiting quite a bit from not having the beautiful, but super-exposed, flowing drill of the past.  I do miss that.

It's what they had to do to win. Blame the designer and judges...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, flammaster said:

I like the SCV music better but this BD show is a super production and their drumline is so much better and always has been. 

Overall, I like BD’s show better, because they do some really cool things with their props. Very cool. I really enjoyed their show. I wish I could mold them visually with Vanguard musically.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fanman said:

The execution is off the charts. Knowing the SCV design team...hoping it pulls together better

I was viewing and listening via the Internet but you can tell that SCV’s hornline  is executing well, I have to say though a lot of their brass arrangements are block parts not overly complicated in my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, fanman said:

Ewww. Drum Corps has much better to offer 

I have access to pretty much every top 12 show going back to 1978. I've seen what drum corps "has to offer," and I stand by what I said, thank you very much 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t predict scores but I do predict that people will argue over scores that they have no control over.  And I’m always 100% correct. 

Ms. Terri for the win!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

With Crown's ballad this year, I'm not convinced. The content is about equal, but in terms of tone color, I think crown wins the Ott.

I would have agreed an hour ago.  I know I'm listening on the internet and trying to compare with Crown live.  Nevertheless, I was so impressed just now. Of course, Crown does it while running and gunning, so there's that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, trumpetcam said:

Lets all be honest.. You can't really watch a show online and get the same as seeing it live. SCV, BD and Cavies live would be a totally different experience. If last year is any indication, I think SCV and BD live would change a lot of minds on the DCP hive..  

That’s a far point. I saw them on Periscope last year in Clovis and was meh, then saw them live at Stanford and I knew they were going to win.

I’m only talking design here, and the horn line just isn’t do much marching and playing, and that’s a biggie for me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jjeffeory said:

It's what they had to do to win. Blame the designer and judges...

No doubt. I do still miss it though.

2 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

With Crown's ballad this year, I'm not convinced. The content is about equal, but in terms of tone color, I think crown wins the Ott.

Tone color isn't on the judging sheet. Judges can't score their favorite sounding hornline higher, its about the criteria and how each hornline fits within that criteria.