Madison Scouts now officially co-ed

1 hour ago, Brian Tuma said:

That would have been me. It wasn’t a complaint, it was a comment on it’s over usage. Is it like the new Hannity/Ingraham catch phrase?

Don't know.  I was going to steal it from HockeyDad...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brian Tuma said:

That would have been me. It wasn’t a complaint, it was a comment on it’s over usage. Is it like the new Hannity/Ingraham catch phrase?

Pffft. I watch 90 day fiancé and Teen mom OG. 

• Haha 3

For future reference, can I use the term “white knighting”?  How about “gaslighting”?  Ok?

Anyway why the BOD hasn’t removed the ED after years of failure speaks to their rubber....Dang It.... ineffectiveness in their oversight responsibilities IMO. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

For future reference, can I use the term “white knighting”?  How about “gaslighting”?  Ok?

Anyway why the BOD hasn’t removed the ED after years of failure speaks to their rubber....Dang It.... ineffectiveness in their oversight responsibilities IMO. 

Using "ED" and "rubber..." in the same sentence may still get you in trouble with the mods, ha, ha ...especially with a multi-sex corps.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Any estimates of when Madison organization will end up merging with Rockford's?  or LaCrosse? (joint Wisc. & Indiana patterns)   or DBQ?

Neither demographics or economics of Northern Midwest are ripe for 4 World Class coed finalists such as true in 50's-90's.  Cavies had to open shop in Texas plus Rosemont, plus Cavs are still unique and will probably have their largest audition class with all the publicity from Don Warren's passing, their improved hornline, and being one of a kind. Even Minneapolis area couldn't fend two corps this season (RCR & MBI.)

The map of the top 16 (going to where Madison is) is unequivocal.

There are 4/16 or 25% in a small area of the Midwest. Then keep in mind that the Bluecoats have been doing more in Indiana and population density wise the Colts aren't that far out there.

Then you have 3 of the top 10 in Central CA not very far apart from each other too. 

So that's 9/16 Atlanta and Ft Mill are 4 hours apart. Boston and Allentown aren't far geographically but the population density is there. 

So that leaves BK, the Crossmen, and the Academy.

The geography doesn't seem to matter as much as pro sports because there are giant population areas that are completely void of good drum corps 

2 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Using "ED" and "rubber..." in the same sentence may still get you in trouble with the mods, ha, ha.

Remember that scene in The Godfather where Hothead Sonny beats up Carlo, his brother in law, and Carlo ends up in the gutter with the hydrant spewing?

Yea, let's not roll over into the gutter.

Edited by garfield
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, garfield said:

Don't know.  I was going to steal it from HockeyDad...

5 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I like white knighting. Make America Chivalrous Again!

Or makes be just “knighting” because, you know...

Edited by Brian Tuma

4 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

I like white knighting. Make America Chivalrous Again!

Or makes be just “knighting” because, you know...

You'll have to get Mark Arnold's permission first.  He'll probably make you pay Tresona.

• Haha 2

Anyway, back on subject:  I was part of a meeting earlier this year where it was said by some opinionated person that Phantom has two or three years to go before they hit bottom and real change is forced on them.

Merging the three powerhouse Midwest corps probably isn't a real option while they're trying to hold on to power.