Madison Scouts now officially co-ed

6 minutes ago, garfield said:

Remember that scene in The Godfather where Hothead Sonny beats up Carlo, his brother in law, and Carlo ends up in the gutter with the hydrant spewing?

Yea, let's not roll over into the gutter.

I laugh when I watch that now because those punches are missing by a mile. 

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I laugh when I watch that now because those punches are missing by a mile. 

The one where Sonny has him against the wall - the gap between his fists and Carlo's face was UUGGEE. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, garfield said:

Anyway, back on subject:  I was part of a meeting earlier this year where it was said by some opinionated person that Phantom has two or three years to go before they hit bottom and real change is forced on them.

Merging the three powerhouse Midwest corps probably isn't a real option while they're trying to hold on to power.

no worse than the old DCM meetings and Critiques. The more things change...

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, garfield said:

Anyway, back on subject:  I was part of a meeting earlier this year where it was said by some opinionated person that Phantom has two or three years to go before they hit bottom and real change is forced on them.

Merging the three powerhouse Midwest corps probably isn't a real option while they're trying to hold on to power.

The Madison Regiment!!

Garfield, you are brilliant!

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Pffft. I watch 90 day fiancé and Teen mom OG. 

Oh Colt-EEE. Larissa cracks me up.

i love that da*n show. Lol.

I had to look up virtue signalling:  Virtue signalling is the popular modern habit of indicating that one has virtue merely by expressing disgust or favour for certain political ideas or cultural happenings.

...so if I express disgust at those who engage in the reprehensible act of virtue signalling....

1 hour ago, GREENBLUE said:

It’s a guilty pleasure that makes us all feel better about ourselves. Coal-tee. Hilarious!

Edit - is it still ok to use the term “guilty pleasure “?  I seem to be having trouble with the lexicon here. 

Edited by HockeyDad

13 minutes ago, c mor said:

I had to look up virtue signalling:  Virtue signalling is the popular modern habit of indicating that one has virtue merely by expressing disgust or favour for certain political ideas or cultural happenings.

...so if I express disgust at those who engage in the reprehensible act of virtue signalling....

You would be a virtue-signaling signaler??? :tongue:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GREENBLUE said:

I'm hooked on it. Every time I have to ask myself "what were you thinking?"  when I screw up, I just refer to every one of those idiots on that show and think meh, I ain't so bad.