Madison Scouts now officially co-ed

13 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Ok if you want to keep going on this. Yes, it Does make the BOD a rubber stamp. Or how else should I say it, largely ineffective in their oversight responsibility. If that’s what you call functioning normally, I can agree with that. Top to bottom, across the US, BODs are “good old boy” clubs picked by CEOs that rarely go against the wishes of the CEO. And it’s one big reason that executive salaries have exploded obscenely. No one says “no”.  Cadets BOD was that way. Good on them for flushing the BOD and starting over. My hope is that the same happens with Madison. 

Making poor decisions is functioning normally.  Rubber Stamping implies NOT that poor decisions are being made but rather that no decisions are being made at all... merely just approved without consideration.  In order to make that claim stick, you have to prove some deeper truths... like, board meetings are void of discussions and motions are made exclusively by the same people.  Evidence of that nature.

50 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

You people are a tough crowd. Already I have to stop using “virtue signaling”. Now I have to stop using “rubber stamp” too?  Ugh. 

Someone complained about "virtue signalling"?  Jeesh, glad to find out as I was beginning to adopt it.

And "rubber stamp"; I want to know: is there another type of stamp?

• Like 1

Just now, garfield said:

Someone complained about "virtue signalling"?  Jeesh, glad to find out as I was beginning to adopt it.

Paper.

3 minutes ago, garfield said:

Denied-stamp-e1294870127989.jpg

Edited by George Dixon
  • Haha 1

Any estimates of when Madison organization will end up merging with Rockford's?  or LaCrosse? (joint Wisc. & Indiana patterns)   or DBQ?

Neither demographics or economics of Northern Midwest are ripe for 4 World Class coed finalists such as true in 50's-90's.  Cavies had to open shop in Texas plus Rosemont, plus Cavs are still unique and will probably have their largest audition class with all the publicity from Don Warren's passing, their improved hornline, and being one of a kind. Even Minneapolis area couldn't fend two corps this season (RCR & MBI.)

Edited by xandandl

3 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Any estimates of when Madison organization will end up merging with Rockford's?  or LaCrosse? (joint Wisc. & Indiana patterns)   or DBQ?

Neither demographics or economics of Northern Midwest are ripe for 4 World Class coed finalists such as true in 50's-90's.  Cavies had to open shop in Texas plus Rosemont, plus Cavs are still unique and will probably have their largest audition class with all the publicity from Don Warren's passing, their improved hornline, and being one of a kind. Even Minneapolis area couldn't fend two corps this season (RCR & MBI.)

The Midwest Combine. I always knew someday it would make a comeback. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, garfield said:

That would have been me. It wasn’t a complaint, it was a comment on it’s over usage. Is it like the new Hannity/Ingraham catch phrase?

3 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

That would have been me. It wasn’t a complaint, it was a comment on it’s over usage. Is it like the new Hannity/Ingraham catch phrase?

Everyone is using it on every side... because it's easy to use.

Like "Rubber Stamping". 😉

Edited by cfirwin3

The one that irks me these days is "reach out". It's like a sissified version of some very easy alternatives. Every time I hear it at work I cringe. 

No, don't reach out to Joe. Call Joe. Contact Joe. E-Mail Joe. Get a hold of Joe.