Allentown, PA - Friday, August 2, 2019

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Congrats on going 0 for 3.  😛

I went for years when I first started watching drum corps and couldn't get the top in the correct order.  🤣

The funny thing is many on this page agreed with me before the scores were announced. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, skevinp said:

It's interesting how many people noticed a marked improvement in SCV, yet how the judges just stuck them down in the same old place.  

May be hard to convince the slotters they weren't slotted into a slot, slottily speaking.

Don't take that slotty tone with me.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

With Boston putting up an official 92.7 on Thursday night, and Cavaliers putting up an unofficial 92.7 on Wednesday night (giving them two and a half uninterrupted rehearsal days to prepare for Allentown day 2) , and Crown so close to what SCV put up tonight in Allentown, I can only see one of two scenarios Saturday night in Allentown. 

1. Multiple corps get in SCV’s neighborhood or even beat them. 

2. The “slotter” throttle is put on one , two, or all 3 of Cavies,BAC, and Crown to “calibrate” going into Finals week and still leaving almost 5 points of headroom at the top. 

Realistically, my head says the latter happens. But we’ll see. My heart says my Cavaliers come out after 2 1/2 rehearsal days, throw up a number, and shock everybody (except for Cavaliers fans of course) . 

Again... we’ll see. Had they kept that 92.7 from Wednesday night, I would expect by normal progression to be between 93.3 to 93.7 tomorrow. But that’s where the math starts breaking down. 

Though the shows were amazing last night, and though we saw the presumed top three, the interest level for tonight’s show is huge. Cavies and BAC both have momentum on their side, and I thought after Thursday night’s performance Crown was vulnerable, though I was told by more than a few people sitting near me who were in Lawrence that Crown had an off night. Crown always has huge support in Allentown. BAC has lots of local supporters who attend Allentown and this year it seems a younger audience loves the show too, and well, Cavies are Cavies and let’s just say as far as fans are concerned, you and Hook’em would not be the only two Cavies fans in the audience. 

I’m not sure I see any of them knocking out SCV, but the scores will be very close, i’m thinking within half a point, and it will be a great show!

• Like 2

My expectation of biggest surprise for tonight is Cavaliers defeating Crown. Tonight just seems right for that to happen. I think the older Allentown crowd will go nuts over Cavaliers. Fueling them to an emotionally charged performance. 

‘You know, I grew up on the wrong side of tracks, too !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

I’m not sure I see any of them knocking out SCV, but the scores will be very close, i’m thinking within half a point, and it will be a great show!

Tenth here tenth there is nothing but false hopes for the fans to haggle about. Get the placements correct and if that happens Cavaliers will be in front of the Crownies  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, EuphoniumDad said:

I don't know. If Mandarins can get it together and have a good Prelim run, I think they can catch BS this year. I guess we'll see...

Maybe, but I think, over the past 11 seasons, I can count the corps the Blues Stars have beaten during the season that beat the Blue Stars at finals on one hand. The Stars know how to grow a show so that it peaks at finals. 

Edited by mcjordansc
  • Thanks 1