Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

7 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Tomorrow we meet at 9:00 for our daily walk, probably 10 of us or so. We don't bunch up as we walk through the neighborhood; we really stretch ourselves out. Will walk about 2 or 2.5 miles.

Watch your 6!

• Like 2

Tonight, my son’s family came over for St.Paddy’s (we are social isolating together). We  FaceTimed with my daughter and her husband in NYC and had a virtual party including singing Celtic songs, and disinfecting our livers. (My daughter even wore my old 27th Lancers sweatshirt!) Slainte! 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 7

15 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Watch your 6!

Picked up lunch and ordered online and prepaid with credit card. All I had to do was say my name and they pointed to the bag with my stuff to pick up. I waited until the guy backed away saying: “I’m 62 and gotta be careful... or my 50 something kid sister will kick my....”. Response was they were getting a lot of that. 

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Picked up lunch and ordered online and prepaid with credit card. All I had to do was say my name and they pointed to the bag with my stuff to pick up. I waited until the guy backed away saying: “I’m 62 and gotta be careful... or my 50 something kid sister will kick my....”. Response was they were getting a lot of that. 

I’m not going to be going to my nail or hair appointments so God only knows what I’m going to look like by the time the viral plague subsides.  

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m not going to be going to my nail or hair appointments so God only knows what I’m going to look like by the time the viral plague subsides.  

There's a great meme going around that we'll know everyones true hair color in a few weeks.  Needless to say, my wife was not amused.  Keeping my hair cut appointment this morning.  (I think)  Gotta keep my mullet nice & neat.  I'd post it but I can't figure out how to simply post a jpeg picture on the forum.  (I know how to post URL, etc, but it doesn't seem to work)     

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Has any used Amazon Prime for groceries?  I already have a membership and I like the Whole Foods options.  Just looking for some feedback because I’d rather get the food delivered at this point. 

No personal experience but I know many people visiting WDW use it and other similar services to stock/restock their rooms during their stays.  People rave about Prime and their experience, delivery is prompt and effortless.

sad sign of the times.

9 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

No personal experience but I know many people visiting WDW use it and other similar services to stock/restock their rooms during their stays.  People rave about Prime and their experience, delivery is prompt and effortless.

sad sign of the times.

Just saw Amazon adding workers but missed what they will be doing. Caught it’s because of coronavirus needs

6 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just saw Amazon adding workers but missed what they will be doing. Caught it’s because of coronavirus needs

saw that too.  We are also seeing an increase in stores and restaurants offering new free delivery service.

9 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Has any used Amazon Prime for groceries?  I already have a membership and I like the Whole Foods options.  Just looking for some feedback because I’d rather get the food delivered at this point. 

Do it!  I have instacart. Also - As an aside yesterday I was looking at the Kansas City Steak website. In fact I think I’m starting to drool right now. 

• Haha 1