Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

A Word of Encouragement

Things are changing by the hour.

It's only been 1 day since major community announcements. We still have have 6 - 8 weeks ahead.

Take a deep breath and relax.

Stay safe, and follow reasonable precautions.

Things are improving each day and will continue to improve.

We will get through this.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rich Cline said:

A Word of Encouragement

Things are changing by the hour.

It's only been 1 day since major community announcements. We still have have 6 - 8 weeks ahead.

Take a deep breath and relax.

Stay safe, and follow reasonable precautions.

Things are improving each day and will continue to improve.

We will get through this.

I’m going to take a walk around the neighborhood today to get some fresh air. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MikeD said:

Yes, and we had more, I'm sure. Not sure if outdoor numbers differ from indoor. People scattered themselves all over the lawn of the people who hosted the impromptu get together, as well as hanging on the street.  

Tomorrow we meet at 9:00 for our daily walk, probably 10 of us or so. We don't bunch up as we walk through the neighborhood; we really stretch ourselves out. Will walk about 2 or 2.5 miles.

Do the correct Drum Corps thing and maintain the proper intervals - whatever you choose it to be.  Arm & an inch probably too close, however

• Like 2

I see grocery stores are setting up “old people only” hours. Also, college kids doing grocery runs for the elderly. I love living in the land of freedom where we can unleash our ingenuity. My prediction- if an effective vaccine or other treatment is developed and deployed for the masses, it will be developed in America. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m going to take a walk around the neighborhood today to get some fresh air. 

We did our morning 2 miles. 11 of us. Will be doing another this afternoon. 

• Like 2

i call my 85 year old aunt daily to check in on her. she's fine, a neighbor is getting stuff for her, and she said "i've been social distancing for years, too many ####### idiots out there"

yep, Aunt Jo is just fine LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, MikeD said:

We did our morning 2 miles. 11 of us. Will be doing another this afternoon. 

And you’re solving the world’s problems while you’re walking, I suspect. 

26 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I see grocery stores are setting up “old people only” hours. Also, college kids doing grocery runs for the elderly. I love living in the land of freedom where we can unleash our ingenuity. My prediction- if an effective vaccine or other treatment is developed and deployed for the masses, it will be developed in America. 

Local supermarkets setting up first hour for seniors only also. Choice of 6-7am or 7-8am depending on store. I was thinking seniors get to stuff before certain items are gone. Sis reminded me the stores should also be cleanest in morning from overnight disinfecting. (Between the lines was “get your ### out of bed and hit the clean store old guy 😈)

• Like 2