Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Then there's the media's latest melt down about Trump wanting the convention to allow the use of the whole arena without distancing, but no complaints about all the protester's and looters not using SD.

He also wants no masks. At all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, garfield said:

Fake news.

LOL. Idk what reality y’all live in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/12/2020 at 6:51 PM, Cappybara said:

He also wants no masks. At all. 

Keep on trying and trolling. Garfield saw through it. 

On 6/12/2020 at 6:49 PM, Ghost said:

Then there's the media's latest melt down about [something else], but no complaints about all the protester's and looters not using social distancing.

There was lots of concern expressed in various media reports that protesters were putting themselves at risk. I saw a number of experts recommend that protesters should quarantine for two weeks. We should be watching for a further spike in cases in the next few weeks. (And the numbers were already going up in a number of states, particular in the south and west. I wonder if it's a combination of loosened restrictions and air conditioned environments.) If you didn't see those concerns, ask yourself why your sources weren't mentioning them.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, garfield said:

Fake news.

Just because you don't like the news doesn't make it fake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Apropos of nothing:

In World War I, more U.S. troops lost their lives to disease (particularly the "Spanish Flu") than in battle. The combined U.S. death toll from both causes was about 116,000, which is roughly twice as many American troops as died in the Vietnam War.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/12/2020 at 7:51 PM, Cappybara said:

wants no masks 

I imagine that a person who needs to use both hands to drink from a glass or bottle of water, as some folks apparently do, finds that having to also remove a mask during that process really presents a lot of difficulty.

(Please don't take that as any sort of attack on the differently abled, such as stroke victims. I was present when my mom suffered a stroke more than ten years ago. It was freaky. Out of the blue, she pointed to a door handle and asked me what it was called. When I told her, she couldn't say the word "handle", and, I quickly realized, a number of other words. A few years later, while in the hospital for a serious pulmonary condition, she suffered another stroke that set her back a good deal more. In both cases, she made a full recovery, thankfully.)

• Haha 1

In spite of what one feels about the purpose the prayer protest in Washington DC came right out and said “wear masks, try to keep distancing”. Find it encouraging that that was remembered....

And will feel more encouraged after next week when I get a haircut.... 10 day waiting list lmao.... whacked my 4 inch 🎅 (Santa) beard in anticipation....

Edited by JimF-LowBari