Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

5 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Simple answer,in my opinion: lousy !   The guy can't make up his mind on anything  concerning covid.

He came out of the C-19 starting blocks with some questionable decisions and comments.

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

He came out of the C-19 starting blocks with some questionable decisions and comments.

Unfortunately,not much has changed with either of these.

18 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Some really good news out of Missouri, where two hairstylists tested positive for Covid-19 after their store had reopened and they had done the hair of 140 customers and been in regular contact with six coworkers.

But all the stylists and all the customers wore masks during these interactions.

Of the 146 people who were exposed, 46 asked to be tested. The other 100 did not, but all 146 were quarantined for two weeks.

And fourteen days later, not one of the 46 people who were tested were positive, and none of the others developed symptoms.

So mask wearing seems very important to stopping the spread.

(This news may bode well for participants in the past ten days' protests, in which most people wore masks.)

Not sure it was the masks but hey if it floats your boat keep on paddling. 

Personally I wear a mask to any place of business that I go into. I do not wear a mask while cycling / running / hiking. Since there are no customers for my business right now (can't open) and it seems my business will most likely not make it-------I don't have to wear a mask at my place of business either. Wuhan killed more than just my business but I will put on a good mask and hope for the best. 

In the end the shutdown's and the masks did nothing but ruin lives / businesses in my opinion. 

The good thing about all of this lately was that it exposed the political hypocrisy of those pushing lock-downs & shutdowns. Do as I say not as I do. It was happening in small sample sizes before these past 2 weeks but then it was just exposed. 

• Haha 1

What lot of people forget or don’t want to realize is we are still learning about coronavirus and all it’s details. So when orders and/or understanding changes like mask effectiveness or passing while asymptotic they freak and claim they’ve been lied to. Like the people who can’t understand why solving a crime might take a while when they see Columbo solve it in 90 minutes tops.

3 hours ago, E3D said:

I do not wear a mask while cycling / running / hiking.

Me neither.

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Like the people who can’t understand why solving a crime might take a while when they see Columbo solve it in 90 minutes tops.

Here's something the cop shows usually don't tell you: Only about 50% of murders ever get solved.

Did you know there's a statue of Columbo in Budapest?

W1siZiIsInVwbG9hZHMvcGxhY2VfaW1hZ2VzLzJh

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

What lot of people forget or don’t want to realize is we are still learning about coronavirus and all it’s details. So when orders and/or understanding changes like mask effectiveness or passing while asymptotic they freak and claim they’ve been lied to. Like the people who can’t understand why solving a crime might take a while when they see Columbo solve it in 90 minutes tops.

That is because a lot of the experts forget, or do not want to admit, that they are still learning about coronavirus and all its details.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

That is because a lot of the experts forget, or do not want to admit, that they are still learning about coronavirus and all its details.

This is true, but even so, people need to make decisions based on the evidence and expert advice they have.

i encouraged myself to tell off stupid people

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i encouraged myself to tell off stupid people

And you can’t fix stupid either.... 😆

• Haha 1