Colorado Marching Band Cancelled

They have the right not to wear it. If a law is passed and upheld to require a mask then the social warriors can go after them to give them tickets for it. The Majority of police have already stated that they do not intend to enforce the mandates. 

You can make it personal all you want, that does not change my opinion. If that is what these people want to do then I am not going out to social police them. 

I wear a mask everywhere I go, with the exception of in home / car / exercise. My family does the same where they are. I hope to join them soon so I don't have to worry about the dcp justice league coming after me at home for not having my mask on. 

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Like I posted earlier. If you get pulled over for something else and they notice no seat belt use. Another ticket... 

I got 2 tickets for not wearing a seat belt. Pulled over for that reason, at the time I had a surgery and it actually hurt to wear one. The cop asked me , " you have a Dr.s note saying you can;t wear one? I said no, he handed me a $225.00 ticket and said " Have a nice day

39 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Very debatable indeed. This new article may interest you:

Multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children related to Covid-19 isn't the mystery it's made out to be.

Basically the article says that the small number of kids who get much sicker than the rest don't have a mysterious syndrome: they have a bad case of Covid-19 like adults get.

Interesting article, thanks for sharing.  It is unfortunate to hear of kids with severe COVID, it does happen but is extremely rare.  Since the outbreak started in March in my county we are close to 3,000 cases are there has not been one severe case in youth.  Since I help oversee the epidemiology operation for our health department I see the daily disposition for every positive case and virtually all kids are either totally asymptomatic or have a very mild cold.  Not to say it doesn't happen, just that it is indeed extremely rare.  COVID is the strangest virus... For kids the incidence of severe illness is extremely rare, much less than influenza.  For adults under retirement age and in decent health the incidence of severe illness is still extremely low, similar to flu.  Once people hit their elderly years the incidence of severe cases increases significantly.  For the large majority of the population the risk is very low, thankfully.  In the county my health department serves a surprising number of the nursing home positive cases are asymptomatic or mildly ill, most people that have had severe illness in my county have been nursing home residents with multiple serious underlying health conditions.    

4 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

1 state..how about the rest...A national mandate needs to be in place IMO

In all 50 states except New Hampshire, failure to wear a seat belt is a misdemeanor. In 34 of those states and the District of Columbia, a driver can be pulled over just for not wearing a seatbelt. This is primary enforcement.

and YES there will be no activities even if schools return. I did read more than 70% of parents are not comfortable sending kids back. I am and have been  involved in many auditions during fall winter and summer and I can tell you not  just parents but potential members although would love to come back are extremely reluctant. 

So even the seat-belt law is not nation wide. Dang those states for having freedoms. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, E3D said:

They have the right not to wear it. If a law is passed and upheld to require a mask then the social warriors can go after them to give them tickets for it. The Majority of police have already stated that they do not intend to enforce the mandates. 

You can make it personal all you want, that does not change my opinion. If that is what these people want to do then I am not going out to social police them. 

I wear a mask everywhere I go, with the exception of in home / car / exercise. My family does the same where they are. I hope to join them soon so I don't have to worry about the dcp justice league coming after me at home for not having my mask on. 

What posts are making this personal?

And who has said you should wear a mask at home?

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

I don;t think there isn't any mob mentality. What I do think is most people would agree anyone has the right to do what they want BUT do not have the right with something so easy to potentially effect another person..especially with this

Meanwhile school has been in full time there in Japan. Some Teachers wear a mask some do not same with the students, does that mean they are selfish self centered idiots that deserve to have thoughts and prayers? Does that mean they do not have respect for their fellow countrymen?

Just now, E3D said:

Meanwhile school has been in full time there in Japan. Some Teachers wear a mask some do not same with the students, does that mean they are selfish self centered idiots that deserve to have thoughts and prayers? Does that mean they do not have respect for their fellow countrymen?

It means they have done an amazing job keeping the virus under control. Here, the virus controls us.

• Like 2