Plans to attend August event?

18 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Also, the 22% is spread out over the entire stadium.  Taking a guess at how many seats are available on 'concert side' between the end-zones; say 1/4 of total capacity (between both lower & upper decks) x 15,400= 3,850 seats.  I've seen high school stadiums with more capacity (albeit without Covid restrictions).

My speculation was a conservative scenario in August at a possible 50% capacity.  For the 'oil can' home side only, that would be 70,000/2 = 35,000 x .50 = 17,500.  Much smaller than the average finals crowd.  Many states have already moved to 50% for athletic & concert venues.  I am hoping if people will get their vaccine & continue CDC protocols, they could even increase the max above 50%.  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

20 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

My speculation was a conservative scenario in August at a possible 50% capacity.  For the 'oil can' home side only, that would be 70,000/2 = 35,000 x .50 = 17,500.  Much smaller than the average finals crowd.  Many states have already moved to 50% for athletic & concert venues.  I am hoping if people will get their vaccine & continue CDC protocols, they could even increase the max above 50%.  

But the 17,500 calculated that way is spread over the entire stadium.  I may be wrong, but I don't think too many fans are willing to sit behind the black curtain at the back of the field, or in the end-zones (at least these are better than behind curtain).  So I think 8000-10000 will be capacity at 50% for DCI.

6 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

But the 17,500 calculated that way is spread over the entire stadium.  I may be wrong, but I don't think too many fans are willing to sit behind the black curtain at the back of the field, or in the end-zones (at least these are better than behind curtain).  So I think 8000-10000 will be capacity at 50% for DCI.

"With all due respect", and I have been wrong many times, my 50% calculations do not include the visitor side.

Total Capacity = 70000
Home Side = 35000 (including 1/2 of end zones as used for finals) 

Home side @35000 x .50 capacity = 17,500

That's 17,500 seats used in the normal area that holds 35000.  That figure does not include the visitor side.  Therefore, you have 17,500 empty seats for 'social distancing' on the home side only.

(If they used the visitor side without the black curtain, then you could increase capacity to 35000.  Then you would be sitting with 'Bones" from the Xmen.)  :spitting:

8 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

"With all due respect", and I have been wrong many times, my 50% calculations do not include the visitor side.

Total Capacity = 70000

That's 17,500 seats used in the normal area that holds 35000.  That figure does not include the visitor side.  Therefore, you have 17,500 empty seats for 'social distancing' on the home side only.

(If they used the visitor side without the black curtain, then you could increase capacity to 35000.  Then you would be sitting with 'Bones" from the Xmen.)  :spitting:

Wasn't there recently an event at LOS and they only allowed 85 or 8700? I could be wrong but I thought I saw that recently

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

Wasn't there recently an event at LOS and they only allowed 85 or 8700? I could be wrong but I thought I saw that recently

Possibly, but they're at 22% (15,400 max) this weekend for the tournament.

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Total Capacity = 70000

Ok. Was thinking you meant 70k in entire stadium 

• Like 1

When it comes to seating at Lucas Oil, my guess is nothing will be certain until July, perhaps even August. You’ll probably need tickets in advance. How quickly people get vaccinated and the number of cases will determine seating. I purchased tickets for 2020 in September 2019, and those tickets will be honored in 2021. Right now ticket holders in my situation have seats. The last I heard was that every other row would be used and every other seat would be empty. Potentially the entire stadium would be used for seating which would mean no black curtain. If stadium capacity is 70,000, using every other row would bring seats down to 35,000. If every other seat is used, that would be approximately 17,500. Since things change quickly, if someone else has heard something different, they could be correct, but this seems similar to what Major League Baseball stadiums are doing and I know a few outdoor concerts in my area are expecting to be allowed 25% capacity for summer events. I also got vaccinated at Gillette Stadium and the security guards were telling people that in the fall, proof of vaccination will be required for entry at football games across the country. While I am not going to bet the farm on that claim, there could be truth to it and it could impact admittance to LOS.

6 minutes ago, Tim K said:

When it comes to seating at Lucas Oil, my guess is nothing will be certain until July, perhaps even August. You’ll probably need tickets in advance. How quickly people get vaccinated and the number of cases will determine seating. I purchased tickets for 2020 in September 2019, and those tickets will be honored in 2021. Right now ticket holders in my situation have seats. The last I heard was that every other row would be used and every other seat would be empty. Potentially the entire stadium would be used for seating which would mean no black curtain. If stadium capacity is 70,000, using every other row would bring seats down to 35,000. If every other seat is used, that would be approximately 17,500. Since things change quickly, if someone else has heard something different, they could be correct, but this seems similar to what Major League Baseball stadiums are doing and I know a few outdoor concerts in my area are expecting to be allowed 25% capacity for summer events. I also got vaccinated at Gillette Stadium and the security guards were telling people that in the fall, proof of vaccination will be required for entry at football games across the country. While I am not going to bet the farm on that claim, there could be truth to it and it could impact admittance to LOS.

Re the Black Curtain- wasn’t it originally put in place to help the acoustics?

7 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Re the Black Curtain- wasn’t it originally put in place to help the acoustics?

That could be the reason. I always assumed it was to block the unused seats. People sitting on the other side would be a distraction so I thought the curtain was up to keep the focus on the shows, but LOS does have a problem with echoes and the curtain would help in that regard.

• Like 1

With benefits of not being judged and not having the constraints of performing  to the top box the ability to entertain and use the field in a whole new way would be innovative and grow the possibilities for the corps to be 360' for all spectators to enjoy.