Solidarity?

3 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

I agree. However, when “thought police” become a deterrent, why bother to post? Not worth the effort.

It’s more of a small roving band of intimidating “thought vigilantes” in a post apocalyptic hellscape of a once thriving metropolis.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Are tickets for any of these events on sale yet? Have sites been secured? This all seems a bit “up in the air” to me.  My calendar is saying it’s almost mid-April. 

From the limited information the corps and DCI have put out, it seems that they are still working on specific venues for at least some of the shows.

In at least one instance, providing  more information is contingent on contracts for the actual sites being signed.

The other issue, given the changing dynamics of the covid  restrictions is, at what point do DCI/corps start selling tickets to shows.

People need time to decide if they want to attend. Then, have enough time to make travel arrangements.

As I've posted, they should at least consider a "worst case" scenario for a minimum number of tickets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Are tickets for any of these events on sale yet? Have sites been secured? This all seems a bit “up in the air” to me.  My calendar is saying it’s almost mid-April. 

Terri, I am guessing that it’s difficult to know the capacity limits in July and August for the different venues this far out.

Both the Cubs and White Sox are selling single seats just one homestand at a time. Both stadiums have social distancing between seats. The capacity variables can change between each homestand.

The Cubs sold out both their first and upcoming second homestands - with 25 percent capacity. Fans were scattered everywhere at a Cubs-Brewers game: I was the only person in my row of 15.

The White Sox could allow 25 percent, but are only selling at 22 percent of their capacity. My single seat for Wednesday vs Cleveland is also far away from other fans.

This past Saturday’s finals for the Indiana HS color guards only allowed 2 parents per performer.

Does anyone know the current capacity limits at Lucas?

If DCI opened ticket sales now for Indy, all the great seats would be gobbled up quickly, I estimate. But what happens if an early buyer of a lousy seat later sees that the capacity has increased and misses out on a better seat? I think this is why DCI is waiting.

You should have started this topic in that Drum Corps Friends group on Facebook.

The one where the "admin" kicks everyone who even moderately and nicely disagrees with her. The one where she calls people names and then boots them.

It's great.

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

From the limited information the corps and DCI have put out, it seems that they are still working on specific venues for at least some of the shows.

In at least one instance, providing  more information is contingent on contracts for the actual sites being signed.

The other issue, given the changing dynamics of the covid  restrictions is, at what point do DCI/corps start selling tickets to shows.

People need time to decide if they want to attend. Then, have enough time to make travel arrangements.

As I've posted, they should at least consider a "worst case" scenario for a minimum number of tickets.

Even though DCI has posted a schedule, there are still a bunch of things (Corps transportation, lodging, practice sites, ticket sales (at whatever stadium capacity) etc) that need to happen before a Corps is on a football field with fans in the stands.  I hope that DCI has specific dates written down that X, Y, & Z need to happen by, for each proposed performance location, or the towel gets thrown.  

24 minutes ago, DeanInChicago said:

Does anyone know the current capacity limits at Lucas?

If DCI opened ticket sales now for Indy, all the great seats would be gobbled up quickly, I estimate. But what happens if an early buyer of a lousy seat later sees that the capacity has increased and misses out on a better seat? I think this is why DCI is waiting.

The recent NCAA tournament capacity was at 22% of 70k which equals 15,400 spectators.   

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

21 minutes ago, DeanInChicago said:

Terri, ...

This past Saturday’s finals for the Indiana HS color guards only allowed 2 parents per performer.

As a Biology Professor, I am contractually obligated to point out that, biologically speaking, all HS color guard members have 2 parents.

Whether is is these 2 parents that the performer wishes to have in the stands is a different question.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

The recent NCAA tournament capacity was at 22% of 70k which equals 15,400 spectators.   

Yes, and that is stadium-wide, not just on 'concert side'.  Perhaps I am naive, but I don't think too many fans would want seats behind the black curtain. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

As a Biology Professor, I am contractually obligated to point out that, biologically speaking, all HS color guard members have 2 parents.

Whether is is these 2 parents that the performer wishes to have in the stands is a different question.

Does that include color guard members that were cloned?

Edited by Continental
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1