If Indy were judged

I understand we are not judged so this is just for fun.  How would a top 12 look with three spots open? How would they place?  Who would be champions?

Not sure the shows are designed for competition, so....

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Not sure the shows are designed for competition, so....

How about by applause-o-meter?

• Like 1

Haven't seen any of the eastern corps yet, so I'll reserve judgement without being judgemental at later date since this year is more the People's Choice Awards than the Academy Awards. 

Edited by OldSnareDrummer

3 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Haven't seen any of the eastern corps yet, so I'll reserve judgement without being judgemental at later date since this year is more the People's Choice Awards than the Academy Awards. 

Yup … we haven’t seen Bluecoats, BAC or Cadets yet. It is too soon to say. 

If all goes well in Indy there will be lots of applause and standing ovations for sure. Of course we all know that there will be no judging, yet we are all human and will wonder how things would fair if there were judges. This would certainly be difficult for the judges. Carolina is marching 185 members. Some corps are going with 155, and some much less. Most of the shows are not really designed to compete...and the ones that are might have competed well back in the 90s or the 1st decade of the 2000s since there are some nice throwback shows out there. I think we will definitely see a lot of fan awards for favorite shows, and most likely we will compare brass, percussion, and guard. 

I watched the Bluecoats concert from downtown Canton, OH and they sound fabulous. Carolina Crown obviously blew me away with their beautiful and well constructed show. And I must say that the Boston Crusaders brass line just WOWed me like perhaps they never have before!!! It was their concert in Boston but my gosh that brass line sounds like a top 3 line. Of course, so do Bluecoats and Crown. The clips I have seen of Blue Stars brass also has me hyped! But again, all of this was not live. Video is nice and sometimes it's all we have. So I look forward to some live shows. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Video is nice and sometimes it's all we have. So I look forward to some live shows. 

You and me both, brother.

• Like 1