Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

Okay, this show is going to be major. Nothing quite like it..

• Like 2

This show...wow...just...WOW. I have no words. When trying to find them, a few words stick out...

-wow 

- energy

- color

- crisp

- contender

This design team had finally gotten their feet on the ground in 2019, but my word are they running in 2022!!!

This show has it all! Guard writing is so much improved and boy are they performing! Shout out to a former student of mine for marching this season with Crown! I hope he has a wonderful season!!!

Brass is CrownBRASS on steroids. That opening hit...P.O.W.E.R. The amount of notes in the second movement...JESUS!!! The ballad...stunning. The closer...builds Builds BUILDS!

Percussion is, coming from a brass guy, probably the best I've ever heard from this corps. WOW!!! And the designers must have been extremely confident in them for that 4th movement to be fielded, and their instincts were right on the money!

This show has everything! It's innovative, edgy, stunning, and a power trip! This group of kids will be very competitive and have a VERY rewarding season if they bring it to the table every single show, and something tells me that they will. The energy reminded me of Bluecoats 2016, and honestly had I not known that it was Crown, I would have believed it was Bluecoats due to the innovation I just saw on the field. I am even more upset that I won't be able to see this corps live this season, because this could shape up to be my favorite Crown show, and it's gonna be hard to top 2007 for me!!!

Also, might have been a bad idea to watch tonight, because the chills meter was off the charts, and the goosebumps going over my surgery incisions...was extremely odd...lol.

• Like 4

This show gave me the same feeling when I watched my first drum corps broadcast on TV - a marching band kid watching 2000 Cadets in complete awe and excitement. I love that they’re unapologetically making it a fan first show while not compromising the Crown identity of complex music and intellectual design.

The guard is much better integrated in the design, they just need to clean, clean, clean a very nuanced book. My only concern is the sabers with the ribbons will be impossible to clean. 

This is a show that makes up for lost time, given the historic circumstances and what a way to welcome the audience back and bring them along for this thrilling ride. 

10 hours ago, charlie1223 said:

Oh my ***** GOD!!! The show is just pure Joy, Adrenaline and Heart!!! My jaw was dropping at literally every phrase.  The percussion feature are you kidding me!?!? Explosive!! The guard was so captivating!! The brass was athletic as hell!!  Every section has amazing moments and is featured in such fabulous ways. The App was  impressive and very cool with how synchronized it was but it does require as many people in the audience to buy in and run it so some of the effects really have impact. Hope it does catch on and people buy in because it really transforms the energy of the audience.

This can win. Flat out. I freakin loved it. very fresh for Crown!!

In regards to the app thing, doesn’t it seem like a bit of a miss to have audience buy-in via them using their smartphones during the show for a show that’s titled “Right Here, Right Now”? Just seems a bit ironic 

• Like 4

As always, this Crown brass line sounds like the real deal. Amazing! Can't wait to see this show. 

10 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

In regards to the app thing, doesn’t it seem like a bit of a miss to have audience buy-in via them using their smartphones during the show for a show that’s titled “Right Here, Right Now”? Just seems a bit ironic 

The good thing is the app isn't really a requirement, so it's easy enough to just sit down and enjoy the show normally.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

The good thing is the app isn't really a requirement, so it's easy enough to just sit down and enjoy the show normally.

I understand it’s optional (though how the judges will incorporate this into scoring is still very much ambiguous and something I’m still curious about) and I’m not commenting on the show itself as I haven’t even seen it yet apart from a small clip

It just seems like this app thing is a failure of concept when it pretty much directly goes against the theme of the show 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I understand it’s optional (though how the judges will incorporate this into scoring is still very much ambiguous and something I’m still curious about) and I’m not commenting on the show itself as I haven’t even seen it yet apart from a small clip

It just seems like this app thing is a failure of concept when it pretty much directly goes against the theme of the show 

I think the goal here is to have the show be a more immersive experience. Not nearly a failure of concept if from what many have said, the app is unobtrusive to the performance and it does just that for the people in the stands. We’ll have to see what more people think when more eyes are on the product at shows, which hasn’t even happened yet for crown.

• Like 4