Crossmen changing logo

My understanding is that the Crossmen are going to the C as a logo and doing away with the Cross.  I know my son said when he wore the Cross on campus several people asked him if he was a Nazi (😣).  I understand the history of the symbol, but how do others feel about changing this iconic symbol?  Not looking to pick any side, just want to understand.

• Haha 2

I see both sides...it wasn't just a Nazi thing, but in this day and age, i can see why people would be offended

• Like 4

I get it, and don’t personally have a problem with it. Some might see cancel culture, but I really don’t think it’s a big deal. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I get it, and don’t personally have a problem with it. Some might see cancel culture, but I really don’t think it’s a big deal. 

Whether someone has a problem with the logo change or not,doesn't change the fact that it is cancel culture.

Does anyone know if the alumni were asked about this ?

Also,what happens to Bone's uniform ?

Guess the Scouts are next.

New name and uniform to remove any taint from the BSA.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Whether someone has a problem with the logo change or not,doesn't change the fact that it is cancel culture.

Does anyone know if the alumni were asked about this ?

Also,what happens to Bone's uniform ?

Guess the Scouts are next.

New name and uniform to remove any taint from the BSA.

I know alumni that have been abused both verbally and physically when their corps necklace was noticed. So yeah, I'm sure alumni were in the "know". 

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I see both sides...it wasn't just a Nazi thing, but in this day and age, i can see why people would be offended

Yep as we live near Gettysburg we hear both sides of the Confederate flag. Best I heard was a GA re-enactor saying he’d like to take it from the ones who use it for hate as it just ruined it for the re-enactors. As my mom would say, it just takes a few idiots to ruin it for all. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

10 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

In this instance, I agree word for word.

Additional thoughts come to mind:

a.  It is just a logo, so they can use whatever they want.  No big deal to me.  However, whether it is a big deal to them depends on whether "they" are all on the same page with it.

b.  This is not to write off the impact of "cancel culture" generally.  Frankly, "cancel culture" may be the biggest threat to survival of this activity. 

A number of people have contended that the effect of the Vietnam war (not just the draft, but public sentiment toward the military) was/is a pivotal factor in the decline of drum corps participation and support since then.  I think there is some truth to that.  So 50 years ago, people were already turning away from drum corps because they felt (rightly or wrongly) that it symbolized something they found objectionable.

"The Corps", although Crosspeople is good too.