2022 Season Predictions

16 hours ago, radiosteele said:

1) Crown, BD and SCV - Performative stagnation and age-outs. With two years without significant on-the-field MIM activity

I wouldn’t say Crown was without significant on the field activity.  I understand there is value in touring but they did have a full 5 week Spring training and a live performance.  That set them up for a rather normal level of return performers.  

11 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

so Let’s try this again…

1 BD - it’s hard to believe they won’t come back hungry to defend their title.

2. Boston - I thought the corps took an extra step forward last season and would have been ultra competitive. If they’re going to make a move, I feel like this is the year to do it. 

3. Bluecoats - just becuase.

4. SCV - I really struggle with these next two, because I think both will contend the entire year. JD Shaw leaving for Regiment is a huge hole to fill. Jones will be on fire as always.

5. Crown - y’all know I’m a Crown homer, and I’m really excited about this season’s show. That said, I see them struggling with visual and GE this season. I haven’t been impressed with their work ethic on the visual side. Some sloppy feet mixed in. Yeah, it’s early, but winning championships starts in May. Horns are powerful as always, an outstanding line, but it looks like a younger group and something feels off right now.  Let’s hope they prove me wrong. 

6. Phantom Regiment - JD Shaw writing your book alone is worth about 5 spots. 

7. Cavaliers - if Phantom goes up, someone comes down. Sorry Cavies

8. Cadets - I really feel like this is their make it or break it year. This is probably a safe pick for me, but I do think they have the ability to surprise everyone and make a run at the top 5.

9. Blue Knights - got’em in this time, YES!

10. Mandarins - if there is one corps that could completely blow this prediction out of the water, it’s Mandarins. I believe they have the ability to be so much better than a 10th place corps, but this is where I have them for now.

11. Blue Stars - haven’t been the same since they changed music design team in 2018. 

12. Crossmen

I liked Blue Stars musical book in 2019.  The baritone feature was heavenly.  Maybe I’m just weird.  😂 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

11. Blue Stars - haven’t been the same since they changed music design team in 2018. 

Other than two straight eighth place finishes and two of their top five finals scores ever.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I liked Blue Stars musical book in 2019.  The baritone feature was heavenly.  Maybe I’m just weird.  😂 

Nope; one of my favorite ballad moments.  The balance, blend, quality & sonority.  Listen with some quality headphones or sound system... 😇

• Like 2

Blue stars have developed a distinctive rich and full brass sound over the past several seasons. I look forward to hearing it again. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

Blue stars have developed a distinctive rich and full brass sound over the past several seasons. I look forward to hearing it again. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ce6uJe8llOz/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Like 1