5. Boston

6. SCV

7. Bluestars

8. Phantom

9. Cadets

10. Blue Knights

11. Mandarins

12. Madison

Top 3 have best GE with regards to show design. Just a matter of execution from the captions.

The best thing about Bluecoats is the keytar set. Besides that it just seems like people are confusing their convoluted show design for greatness because it actually makes no sense. Boston’s brass and guard are carrying the show but the design isnt that interesting - SCV is weaker all across the board.

Phantom and Madison are definitely some groups that can cause some shake ups!

NOTE: just my opinion👍🏻

Edited by jamesb
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Phantom is tenths above stars and people separate them into different tiers when the only thing they are winning considerably is percussion and MA 😅

It's because I believe Phantom has longer legs than Blue Stars. Plus I just do not care for Blue Stars show this year. I'm over the French themes from them. Give me Moulin Rouge or even Beauty and the Beast if you're going to do French. I just think they've beaten a dead horse at this point. 

Phantom is on the up and up, and I believe will separate themselves from Blue Stars as the season progresses.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Phantom is tenths above stars and people separate them into different tiers when the only thing they are winning considerably is percussion and MA 😅

I'm of course a bit biased as a Phantom supporter, but I think that is because Phantom's show appears to have a significantly higher ceiling currently than Stars. Simply, if both shows were perfect and clean, Phantom would beat out the Blue Stars. I think Blue Stars will have an easier job cleaning, so, the question then of course becomes can the anticipated cleanliness of Blue Stars beat out an ambitious design by Phantom? That's to be determined. With the staff Phantom has though and just the general trajectory they're on, I think it's pretty likely that they place higher than Stars in Indy.

Edited by college-phan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

It's because I believe Phantom has longer legs than Blue Stars. Plus I just do not care for Blue Stars show this year. I'm over the French themes from them. Give me Moulin Rouge or even Beauty and the Beast if you're going to do French. I just think they've beaten a dead horse at this point. 

Phantom is on the up and up, and I believe will separate themselves from Blue Stars as the season progresses.

I agree Phantom is on the up and up, but the only reason they are currently beating the Blue Stars is because of Blue Stars percussion scores.

Blue Stars show isn't a French show. War & Peace is Russian and the music is largely by Russian composers. Of course, the story chronicles Napoleon's invasion of Russia, but it's a Russian story, not a French one.

• Like 4

My Tiers

Tier 1: Bluecoats and Blue Devils

Tier 2: Vanguard and Crown

Tier 3: Boston and Cavies

Tier 4: Blue Stars, Regiment, Mandarins (and perhaps Cadets and Blue Knights)

Tier 5: Madison, Crossmen and Colts

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I don't think their height should have any impact 😂

Isn't that the primary reason for the super-tall plumes many Corps still employ?

34 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

The “ consensus “on DCP  seems to be that the Cavaliers will place somewhere between 2nd and 11th this summer . 😄

I'll take that bet LOL

• Haha 3