DCI Central Indiana (Muncie) July 1

2 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Crown is my favorite so far. 

I'm going to politely disagree.  Blue Devils seem to have the complete package this year.  ... Tomorrow night in Kent, OH should be interesting when Crown goes up against the Bluecoats.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

The show as a whole, hmm, not really sure how I feel about it. Will take at least another viewing.

They sound and look amazing though! Some really awesome moments in there. I think this is most confident I've ever seen them too.

• Like 5

This is the first Crown show in a while I feel has the balls to serious contend for gold. Pure entertainment, possibly one of the most entertainment-oriented designs I’ve ever seen atleast in the last decade. They’ve been incredible every year since ‘13, but I felt they usually lacked that extra “oomph” in the design to see them as a champion until this year. Here’s hoping the audience participation won’t feel cheesy or forced by finals. 

• Like 3

Just now, NebraskaGBR said:

I'm going to politely disagree.  Blue Devils seem to have the complete package this year.  ... Tomorrow night in Kent, OH should be interesting when Crown goes up against the Bluecoats.

I've not seen BD yet, but I have heard so many great things. 

So not a bad run for Crown tonight. There are layers to the show that haven’t been added, and some props that aren’t yet on the field. Last I heard they were waiting on some stuff to arrive due to shipping delays. Agree that the transitions need work, but the staff knows this. Should be fun to watch them grow this season. 

• Like 6