Sunday, July 10th - “DCI West” … Stanford Stadium – Stanford University – Palo Alto, California

3 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I think Mandarins are benefitting from that large competitive spacing between them and PC.

I think SCV went on immediately after Mandarins, so the judges had a direct comparison there and still decided that SCV was only tenths better in many subcaptions. Sorry they outscored your Blue Stars tonight, but you know as well as everyone else that scores from different shows can’t really compare. So why try to minimize one corps’ accomplishment for no reason other than your own corps pride?

Edited by brassboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Geez.  No one teaches unison movement like BD.  They move so similarly from member to member.  The stylization down to the hand placement and all.  They're getting modern dance lessons for sure.  

That really features the percussion too.  

Todd Ryan is a master. Wherever he has been, they achieve the highest levels of unison movement.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

When was the last time the DCI champion won ALL captions?  This show could be the next.

Cadets 2005?

32 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Todd Ryan is a master. Wherever he has been, they achieve the highest levels of unison movement.

Todd Ryan is a freaking genius. He has singlehandedly revamped the activity multiple times.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I think Mandarins are benefitting from that large competitive spacing between them and PC.

Whaaa?

I didn’t know a post could be so wrong and insulting in just one sentence!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brassboy said:

I think SCV went on immediately after Mandarins, so the judges had a direct comparison there and still decided that SCV was only tenths better in many subcaptions. Sorry they outscored your Blue Stars tonight, but you know as well as everyone else that scores from different shows can’t really compare. So why try to minimize one corps’ accomplishment for no reason other than your own corps pride?

Crazy how I didn't mention Blue Stars once. And it's a factual judging inconsistency when there is nobody in your tier to compare to you you increase more. That's why nothing matters until they are all together and the lower groups always drop at regionals while the top groups separate.