PREDICTIONS FOR BROKEN ARROW

Hey, was just asking a trivia question. Was wondering how many decades it's been since the Blue Stars beat their Midwest neighbors Cavies? 1979, from what I can see. Blue Stars began declining pretty rapidly after that. So good to see them competing at top level again. I sat in the stands at Whitewater in 1972, when they came close to winning. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Phantom56 said:

Hey, was just asking a trivia question. Was wondering how many decades it's been since the Blue Stars beat their Midwest neighbors Cavies? 1979, from what I can see. Blue Stars began declining pretty rapidly after that. So good to see them competing at top level again. I sat in the stands at Whitewater in 1972, when they came close to winning. 

I believe that's correct.

I was there in 72 also. As good as they were and #### near pulled it off, Kingsmen were on a mission that night. I was only 15 years old, but thought I had just witnessed the absolute epitome of what drum corps was meant to be. 

9 minutes ago, Phantom56 said:

Hot Pants rule!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Phantom56 said:

the question is does anyone know if Bk still has the site that you can see the head to head history.  I miss it

2 hours ago, CAtenhut said:

2020 Dodgers and Lakers should have asterisks next to them. 

And Cavies had over 30 out, so they got crushed more than most. 

30! My goodness!

50 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

the question is does anyone know if Bk still has the site that you can see the head to head history.  I miss it

No. I contacted them a few years back and admin basically said that is gone for good in their reply. 

Edited by Liahona
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

1. BD 

2. Crown

3. Boston

— Gap — 

4. Bluecoats

— Gap —

5. SCV

6. Cavies

7. Blue Stars 

— Big Gap — 

8. BK 

This feels like one of those years where the corps in the 4/5 position have what feel like solid third place shows, for me. It’s just that stacked of a year. SCV in 5th doesn’t quite feel right, and Bloo in 5th doesn’t feel right either — both are too talented with strong shows. Really, no one in the current top 5 has what feels like a 5th place show, for me. But it’s a competition; someone’s got to be 5th! 

I do actually think SCV is being underestimated though, that show is starting to cook. If that isn’t clear by Broken Arrow, I think (hope) finals week + July changes will make it clear.

• Like 2

I think Crown wins with BD within .25 of them.  BAC and BC tie and about .5 below BD.  SCV in 5th p, followed by Cavies, Blue Stars, and BK.

PS. Why are all drum corps with colors only Blue?  Why not the Black Knights or Redcoats?  Always wondered how Blue came to be so dominant. 

• Haha 1

1. Bluecoats (GE, Percussion)

2. Blue Devils (Visual, Guard)

3. Boston Crusaders

4. Carolina Crown (Brass)

5. SCV

6. Blue Stars

7. Cavaliers

8. Blue Knights

1 and 2 can flip, 3 and 4 can flip

Bluecoats scores are lower than they should be because of who they’re competing with, no one is pushing scores up at their shows

This is the show where Crown will finally be passed by other groups, DCP will be on fire for a few days afterwards

Going on last/rehearsing at the stadium greatly benefits Bluecoats, going on early is a detriment to Crown

Top 4 will all be within a point

Edited by Big Bird
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1