Tuesday, July 19th “DCI Broken Arrow” …. Tiger Stadium Broken Arrow High School … Broken Arrow, OKLAHOMA

Just now, Poppycock said:

Bluecoats had a great run too. The consensus here is BD, Bluecoats, Crownies, SCV, Boston, Blue Stars, Cavaliers, and Blue Knights. 

If anything it’s a wide open race to Indy. Who peaks early and who peaks in Indy? We fans are the winners! 

From my vantage point it seems the crowd Dug Crown and bluecoats the most tonight

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Whoa entirely new ending tonight!

Nice job effing up the last announcing. 

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 2

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

All I am saying is I haven't seen complaints about number of props and filling up the field since BS.  So you guys got some splaining to do.

Frankly Bloo's props do very little for me just sitting there being colorful for the most part.  Blue Stars props tell us the show.  I have less problem with them.  I think its the field coverage and sometimes wonky integration with the drill that make them feel cluttery for Blue Stars.  

• Like 2

Did Dan just step on the closer?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Bluecoats

I love how Bluecoats are always themselves. I feel like their visual design is so organic, closest to BD. Uniforms for the brass and battery look great from up top.

The car section (can’t come up with a better name for it) is probably one of my favorite moments from Bluecoats ever. It’s so creative and works so well visually and musically, setting up the rest of the movement. Best part of this show for me. Great music, best use of electronics from any corps. The dance feature with that brass ostinato is SO ENJOYABLE! They really struck gold with this entire movement. Love the brass build at the end of the movement, visual back to front, SO GOOD! If their entire show was of this caliber, I’d give them the gold.

The keytar sounds fantastic and complements the show well. It overpowers the brass heavily, but they don’t overuse it. Again, what they do visually just feels organic and not forced.

Really like that tenor moment, fits well. They sound a lot better in this ballad than a month ago. Another strong moment in their program from a design standpoint. Love the transition out of that hold, works very well.

This next movement builds well. I think this is my first view of this final movement, I don’t remember this! I like what they’re doing visually. I’m looking forward to seeing how they fin- UH OH! OH NO! Dang it, DAN!!!

Oh ok, now we’re done.

• Like 1

I have Boston 3rd tonight 

• Like 1