Tuesday, July 19th “DCI Broken Arrow” …. Tiger Stadium Broken Arrow High School … Broken Arrow, OKLAHOMA

1 hour ago, charlie1223 said:

Looks like Henry is super duper mad 😡 at people who like to cheer on their favorite corps. Lots of people are mad that Crown has fans that like to HONK every now and then. Don’t be like Henry 😡

If pointing out that the Crownies (in the Crown thread) are saying performance order hindered them tonight (as we all knew they would days ago) makes you think I’m mad that so be it.

No one is mad that Crown has fans. Crown having fans is not the issue. The issue is the fans.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, WarriorWay said:

It really wasn’t that early, Boston and Cavies lol

Performance order has no impact on scores. None. The judges know what they are doing. If we’re going to make the argument one way, we have to make it the other way - Crown was compared to Blue Stars whereas Bluecoats were compared to BD. Whom would you rather be compared to?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Big Bird said:

They haven’t earned the benefit of the doubt in my opinion. It’s been what, 6 years since they were in contention to win and that was with a show that placed 3rd?

Take 2 years out of that to be fair. (Pandemy babe) 

We have to stop giving "benefits of what ever" to anybody, its making corps doing the same concept of show for 8 years win. 

Something fresh needs to hinge us off in a better direction. 

It's all getting a bit tired what style wins year over year. It's not even enjoyable anymore. It's like watching murder she wrote... we all know what's going to happen. Bored!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Liahona said:

Boston you were FANTASTIC tonight! You always make this alum proud, but I am super excited for your accomplishments in such a short period.

As far as the scores, I am ok with them.  Remember, "We don't GAVA".

You potentially could still earn a SILVER in the end IMO, but I can't even recall you sitting 4th at this juncture. Keep pressing toward the prize.

I am loving the competition.  I can't wait to see your show live at MTSU and Atlanta!

Boston had a great run! The show had so much energy last night and the drum line was a true treat to watch. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rylan said:

It should be pointed out that Crown’s brass performance score was higher than BD’s so *technically* they we’re the better brass performers tonight. But Crown lost overall brass because the judges determined that their content wasn’t nearly as demanding. I say that’s how Crown keeps the Ott by finals - by adding more content. 

I completely agree and said this earlier.

Crown has the best hornline. The best. Most Crown fans and DCI fans alike look forward to hearing Crownbrass as one of the highlights of the entire season.

Crown: *opens with a percussion feature then has hornline play with ribbon dancers before the closer*

They need to play more. I don't watch and listen to Crown for percussion features and ribbon dancers.

On the other hand BD has one of the best hornlines they have had I'm years (they were 4th in brass in 2019 for example) and the hornline is featured really well.

Instead of trying to keep up with the Jones's maybe Crown should do what they do best- feature their hornline and update the show around that.

When the app picks the audience's favorite song it should be something like flight of the bumblebee.

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

Man, Blue Stars guard, what a night! Not only passing SCV, but passing Crown and Bluecoats in content!

I’m not a guard person but to my eyes, they are making the impossible, possible. I honestly didn’t think humans could do what they’re doing. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Good morning DCP. 

Yeah this went about as I expected overnight.

I didn’t think it was TOO bad…I really felt for the judges last night…I can’t imagine how difficult judging this range of show must be…not upset with the placements, but a little puzzling at some of the caption discrepancies (for instance, 1 judge had Bloo in 4th GE, in had them .1 from 1st), but I also think that is reflective of how hard their charge is…imagine this will tighten up in the following week.