Saturday, July 23 ... “DCI Southwestern Championship” … Alamodome … SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS Saturday, July 23… 1:30 PM CT

Just now, Triple Forte said:

Yeah and the funny part is the people in attendance sounded like they didn’t agree.. 

Big shock judges and crowd don’t agree

Yeah but that’s not relevant. The crowd is biased on how many fans and parents are on tour plus alumni. It’s not exactly  a non-biased  crowed. Especially at regionals. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Den8uml said:

Yeah but that’s not relevant. The crowd is biased on how many fans and parents are on tour plus alumni. It’s not exactly  a non-biased  crowed. Especially at regionals. 

Really ?  Sorry I need proof for that one :::

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Wow. Seems the GE judges definitely agree about BD and … that’s it, the rest is a war zone

Yep. I kind of saw that coming after Boston finished tonight. That show is STUNNING! But still, plenty of time for Crown, Bloo, and SCV to keep pushing everyone. 

Top 5 is just ridiculous! Maybe it was the 2-year Covid break from competition, but good gosh this top 5 feels special. 

And Blue Devils...what a show! I love it top to bottom. I can't take my eyes of it. Not for a second. 

My overall favorites from tonight were...EVERYONE! Ok, that's a bit much. I think right now my favs are:

1. Phantom - always goosebumps
  2. Bluecoats - show is coming alive but needs cleaned
  3. Boston and Blue Devils - perhaps the two corps that grab my attention and never let it go more than anyone else. I just like Bloo's music better (by a pinch) but Bloo needs to clean. 
  4. Cadets - nice run tonight. Brass and percussion were fantastic.
  5. Carolina Crown - They have a few BIG wow moments and just need to refine some visual clutter. 
  6. Blue Stars
  7. SCV
  8. Troopers
  9. Mandarins

And then pretty much everyone else equally. I though Madison was really solid tonight. 

• Like 3

Congratulations Blue Devils - Music caption alone (spread) will win them the championship this year.  Shout out to SCV for another great percussion section and Boston Crusaders for surpassing Carolina Crown and winning  Guard. It's going to be a great summer!!! Just my 2 cents! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1