Sunday, July 31st 5:15 PM “NightBEAT: The greatest show on Turf” … Truist Field at Wake Forest University Winston-Salem, NORTH CAROLINA

Me thinks…..

people are starting to get nervous. 
As the Cavaliers clean they are becoming more and more dangerous. the percussion was on fire tonight and the drum scores don’t surprise me at all. 
The gaps shrinking, watch out. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Big Bird said:

The Bluecoats front ensemble is miles ahead of Bostons and that factors into percussion scores. In my opinion, the Bluecoats are the masters of subtle difficulty rather than flashy difficulty. This can be seen in their brass book too

I would love for a front ensemble person to talk us through this because I feel that way as a non-percussion person but I don’t totally understand why. I absolutely love BD, Bloo, and SCV’s pits this year. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I would love for a front ensemble person to talk us through this because I feel that way as a non-percussion person but I don’t totally understand why. I absolutely love BD, Bloo, and SCV’s pits this year. 

More battery and front ensemble people to the front!!!👀

• Like 1

well tonight tells us whoever scores highest on 8/13 wins

45 minutes ago, 3PoC said:

Mainly, front ensemble integration - tympani book is amazing, mallet line has some super-exposed features requiring impeccable technique, keytar I would guess is part of the front ensemble (I think?). I also think the battery book, while not as dense as BAC, has more nuanced dynamics in their phrases and polyrhythmic layers between different voices, as well as some difficult environmental timing demand. I would also guess (not certain) that they have more body movement vocabulary while playing. BAC content is crazy difficult as well though, especially with the density and intensity of the battery, and some judges have a preference for that kind of content.

Thank you, I'll have so much more to look out for now.

Sometimes really good drumlines and their books can be subtle in the best of ways. They're not necessarily flashy, but deeply invested in doing their part to support the corps. (These things aren't opposed to each other, but run on a spectrum... and as you said, we all have preferences.)

Thanks again 3P, I'm support stoked to hear with fresh ears now!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

They make sense if you know the judge was a paid clinician to the CAVALIERS for like a decade ("GEARWORKS"), and he personally swung the score 1.5 points. DCI judging is full of "relationships" - which can obviously be an issue in a small activity. But these numbers are beyond. 

Hey George Dixon, it ALWAYS comes down to "Who you Know." Also it's Biblical: "Judge, or be ye Judged!". I wonder if there might be reliable DCPr's knowledgeable and experienced enough to compile a "Ranking/Scoring sheet" for scoring DCI Judges." Perhaps a informative guide (Cheat Sheet!?LOL) or tool for Drum Corps Fanatics to better understand how to Judge a Judge in better understanding how Corps Scores are determined. And lets be honest, manipulated. It's is also true that "Money Talks and Corps Scores can be Rocked." Yes, The Truth Can Hurt.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrumCorpsRelic said:

Obviously conditions were dry enough for the drill team to perform....but Not for the Blue Devils and from what I can see possibly even clear for Crown. I charge someone for Premature Decision making! Unless Blue Devils and Crown made the call themselves. So Sad for the Corps and the Fans.

...and I think they have pills for that now...

• Haha 1