Damm'd COVID!

1 hour ago, crownisking said:

Welcome back! You crossed my mind the other week when I was watching your Troopers live. Fantastic show they got this year!

I mentioned the other day that if I were to take a bite of an apple, it would be a green Granny Smith. 🍏  (preferably in pie form.) 🥧 

I've never met Granny Smith but I have to say, this sounds fun! Let's get the party started? :guinesssmilie:   

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Granny Smith said:

Yeah, yeah...I admit that I've been playin' hooky for quite a long time, but don't blame me—my insolent adult children wouldn't let me out of the basement for the past two years—something about a super-germ that was killing all the old people (or so they told me). I was mostly okay with it as long as they kept me supplied with gin. Whatever. So, while it's nice to finally feel the sun on my face, I'm just a tad bit p.o.'ed and in a sour mood.

I realize that the following drum corps questions have likely been discussed ad nauseam on the dcp, but don't forget...I've been locked away. I have many more questions than the following three, but I'm fully aware that long posts get ignored.

1. So...Where did everyone's hats go? Gosh darned Bluecoats come out all bare-headed one year and now every other corps feels like they have to copy this dull trend. Bring back the hats/helmets (I'm looking at you Regiment!). Heck...it's gotta be worth a couple points in general effect. You're welcome!
  2. Are the Blue Devils still winning every. single. blasted year? I mean. There are some seriously nice folks running that corps, but it wouldn't surprise me if they're using a chunk of that bingo money to pay certain people off.
  3. What happened to George? and, did he sign off on those track suits!?

Welcome back Granny!! We missed you!!

2 hours ago, Granny Smith said:

Yeah, yeah...I admit that I've been playin' hooky for quite a long time, but don't blame me—my insolent adult children wouldn't let me out of the basement for the past two years—something about a super-germ that was killing all the old people (or so they told me). I was mostly okay with it as long as they kept me supplied with gin. Whatever. So, while it's nice to finally feel the sun on my face, I'm just a tad bit p.o.'ed and in a sour mood.

I realize that the following drum corps questions have likely been discussed ad nauseam on the dcp, but don't forget...I've been locked away. I have many more questions than the following three, but I'm fully aware that long posts get ignored.

1. So...Where did everyone's hats go? Gosh darned Bluecoats come out all bare-headed one year and now every other corps feels like they have to copy this dull trend. Bring back the hats/helmets (I'm looking at you Regiment!). Heck...it's gotta be worth a couple points in general effect. You're welcome!
  2. Are the Blue Devils still winning every. single. blasted year? I mean. There are some seriously nice folks running that corps, but it wouldn't surprise me if they're using a chunk of that bingo money to pay certain people off.
  3. What happened to George? and, did he sign off on those track suits!?

Welcome back Granny!
Great to have you here 😁. I have to be honest I wasn’t sure if you made it through Covid or not because we haven’t heard from you 😊. Talking about  Crazy changes how about every other corps wearing  all white uniforms and Boston crusaders  with an upper piece that looks like a straight jacket ? 

Yes! Granny is here to give the young whipper snappers a scolding! She has been sorely missed!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great to have you back Granny!!!