Saturday, August 6th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

Cheesesteak in a bit.  As I am rather geographically illiterate when it comes to eastern Pennsylvania Allentown & Philadelphia are basically the same place. 

They have lots of delicious food items right at the stadium.  I think they had pierogi one year.  

• Like 4

Just now, Crispy said:

even if this is how you feel, I am still super excited to watch three shows next weekend that showcase all of these members performing shows at their peak

I'm most excited for Vanguard, Bluecoats, Crown, Regiment and Mandarins I would say. The only thing I care about with regards to scores is that the right corps win and the judges get the placements right. Placements have nothing to do with my enjoyment of the activity and usually I like at least one corps more than the winner. That being said, there are plenty of interesting battles that will be resolved next Saturday, but who is going to win finals is not one of them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Why? Boston? if so, I hope you can see it another way. This is such a thrilling year for them. They have never beaten Vanguard, Bluecoats or Crown when those three were all top corps. This has been a remarkable season for them. A banner year. If they get 2nd, I'm sure those kids in Boston will be over the moon.

yes, i was silly enough to think they might win

my attitude has been properly adjusted, lololol

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

The original 1982 CPit.  That was the size of a pit back then 

Yup. I was alive and attuned to the activity then. Heh

6 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

It's absolutely over. It's hard enough to close a 0.3 gap on BD in a week much less 1.55. They do not have one weakness in any sub-captions. No one else can say that. There is absolutely no path for anyone to overtake BD.

There’s still a chance 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bucs saw their first loss in a long time last week to the Cabs. 

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 3

Just now, Sasha1 said:

yes, i was silly enough to think they might win

my attitude has been properly adjusted, lololol

Oh, no, not silly at all. Been there a million times, done that. I think we have seen the birth of a future champion in Boston this year. What they have accomplished is utterly amazing. I was a doubter in June. They have proven me wrong. They have proven a lot of people wrong.

Chin up, Grasshopper!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dureau said:

Wherein lies the problem with DCI. No parity in money spent on props, accommodations, rehearsal time vs performance time. , etc. You are winding up with an uncompetitive organization dominated by the haves at the expense of the have nots. No different than the problems in non-professional sports. Just different in what us out of wack. 

Blue Devils dominance has nothing to do with how long they practice vs. perform, or money spent on props. Jerry Seawright had fantastic organizational-management skills.  He built the organization and his successors have been able to maintain and surpass what he accomplished.  Great management produces great products no matter what the discipline is. 

It’s as simple as that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1