Thursday, August 11th “DCI World Championship PRELIMS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

Ok, Music City!!!! This is by far the strongest they've ever been late season. It might be a tall order, but I think they can manage to stay ahead of all or most of the top 4 OC corps - they have really cleaned up a mature show nicely. What a pleasure to see! A versatile corps - loved their fun shows, love this show. That says a lot.

• Like 1

I really liked the way the corps uniforms matched the backdrop. It was almost uncanny at times. I thought the hornline took some time to get their tonal center together, but that might just be me. Music City, like all the corps so far, brought the energy tonight!

Edited by mfrontz
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

I enjoyed Pacific Crest! As a fan for over three decades, I recognized plenty of those 'Easter eggs!' Also, I wonder if this was the first ever use of Leonard Nimoy's voice in a DCI show. 

No, they are not the first drum corps to use Leonard Nimoy's recording of the void.  Either in 2018 or 2019, there was a corps who used the same recording.  I can't remember if it was an open class, world class, or DCA corps who performed it.

Edited by Mikah

PC Easter Eggs on DCP PC thread (from Twitter).

I love Louisiana Star!

3 minutes ago, Mikah said:

No, they are not the first drum corps to use Leonard Nimoy's recording of the void.  Either in 2018 or 2019, there was a corps who used the same recording.  I can't remember if it was an open class, world class, or DCA corps who performed it.

Fascinating (in Leonard Nimoy voice)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It seems to have been somewhat of a rough year for The Academy, but I still love 'em and always will.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1