Thursday, August 11th “DCI World Championship PRELIMS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

11 minutes ago, Logan Dingus said:

If a random stranger making a half-sarcastic joke at the expense of your favorite summer marching band is the worst part of your day, it’ll be alright.

Or you know, you could just be decent to the kids. Come on, Logan. Give it a try! Your small heart might even grow 3 sizes today!

Edited by MidWAmericanArts
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Bronte44 said:

Blue Devils were magical tonight!  Someone noted that the response to Blue Devils was muted tonight… it was because people started leaving right after Boston! People just want to hate the Devils.

That does not make any sense to me, particularly from a financial or entertainment perspective. You paid lots of money for the tickets (especially the ones near the 50 yard line) and you're going to leave instead of staying another 15 minutes? For subjectively the most impressive performance of the night? Also, even if you do not like the Blue Devils, leaving as they are entering the field is disrespectful to the members. Regardless of scores, they work just as hard as anyone else.

This is coming from a Boston fan. Of course, I would love if they (BAC) won finals, but they are already breaking history with both their scores and their placements. When your expectations are already broken, how can you be anything but ecstatic?🙂

(You can be the (blue) devil's advocate (see what I did there?) and say the people who left early also wanted to be able to beat the rush out of the stadium, but that's beside the point).

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Quentin said:

That does not make any sense to me, particularly from a financial or entertainment perspective. You paid lots of money for the tickets (especially the ones near the 50 yard line) and you're going to leave instead of staying another 15 minutes? For subjectively the most impressive performance of the night? Also, even if you do not like the Blue Devils, leaving as they are entering the field is disrespectful to the members. Regardless of scores, they work just as hard as anyone else.

This is what hardcore drum corps fans do, because the activity and its culture is messed up

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

seeing crossmens brass score like huh.gif

That Mello mic was inside of the players body. Never heard anything worse on a dci field. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

If you stop supporting drum corps because you don't like the corps that wins, your priorities are all screwed up... sorry. 

It's not that I don't support the activity... it's just hard for me to garner the support around the winner each year. I think we've lost our values in what we celebrate unfortunately.  

My priorities are strongly with the corps, I think I'm more interested in the back lot this year... and maybe that's where my focus should be to continue supporting.  🤔

I am in no way saying excellence shouldn't win, it does every year! I'm just having a tough time with my enjoyment of what is winning I guess? 

Open for discussion here as always... 

• Like 1