Thursday, August 11th “DCI World Championship PRELIMS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

42 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I’m gonna trust my percussion pal who says BAC’s score was about tonight, not their book or their potential — an off night. He also says to remember that front ensembles count! (Like I could forget, they’re my favorite people) 

Yeah, I think some forget drums is scored as percussion... it's not all about the battery.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FTNK said:

This is what hardcore drum corps fans do, because the activity and its culture is messed up

Yea I just told my wife we screwed up when we attended Open Finals the other night. We should have gotten up and left after Gold performed, and not stayed to watch SCVC perform and give them a well-deserved standing ovation...........................say's no one ever. 

Some people are just ignorant.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

What's the deal with the caption judges withholding the upper echelon on BOX 5? Like if they've been capped at 19.4 of something...

I remember Several corps already getting 19.9 and 20s In prelims. 

That BAC Guard run was perfect. 

• Thanks 1

What will Crown play for their secret warm up clip tomorrow?   The Rick Roll tonite was great.  A complete surprise.  They Rick Rolled an entire stadium.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Quentin said:

That does not make any sense to me, particularly from a financial or entertainment perspective. You paid lots of money for the tickets (especially the ones near the 50 yard line) and you're going to leave instead of staying another 15 minutes? For subjectively the most impressive performance of the night? Also, even if you do not like the Blue Devils, leaving as they are entering the field is disrespectful to the members. Regardless of scores, they work just as hard as anyone else.

This is coming from a Boston fan. Of course, I would love if they (BAC) won finals, but they are already breaking history with both their scores and their placements. When your expectations are already broken, how can you be anything but ecstatic?🙂

(You can be the (blue) devil's advocate (see what I did there?) and say the people who left early also wanted to be able to beat the rush out of the stadium, but that's beside the point).

I don’t see the point of fans leaving when there’s one whole show left, if you wanna get up and go right after you applaud after their last note that’s perfectly fine. I will say at some sporting events though, if the outcome is decided one way or another(usually, not always) I’m splitting before the game is over ‘cause you know traffic is gonna be awful😂

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

depends.

are the claps ACHIEVING? do they express a RANGE of EMOTION and SIMULTANEOUS RESPONSIBILITIES? do th— (hit by a car)

Are you ready to dance with that cat?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Not to mention Appalachian Spring 

Am I crazy or is Cadets featured dancer this year, with that uniform, giving us a nice throwback to the featured dancer in that show? It’s what came to mind for me anyway

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Quentin said:

Petition to return to P1 and P2 judge. I won't make it but if someone makes a change.org thing I'll sign it.

I'd rather see a change.org to get all the execution judges back on the whole field.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Yea I just told my wife we screwed up when we attended Open Finals the other night. We should have gotten up and left after Gold performed, and not stayed to watch SCVC perform and give them a well-deserved standing ovation...........................say's no one ever. 

Some people are just ignorant.  

9 hours ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

I don’t see the point of fans leaving when there’s one whole show left, if you wanna get up and go right after you applaud after their last note that’s perfectly fine. I will say at some sporting events though, if the outcome is decided one way or another(usually, not always) I’m splitting before the game is over ‘cause you know traffic is gonna be awful😂

I can only watch my corps when I go to shows. I watch the lots, go in for the one show, and then leave.

It's about all I can handle. I don't care if people think, well, anything. It's the only way I can remotely enjoy it in person.

People are confused by this. Not sure why. I explain further in other posts. No, I will not stay for BD or the queen of England if one show is all I can handle emotionally. Drum corps is difficult live for some survivors.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
  • Confused 2