Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

8 minutes ago, palmettomello said:

CrownGUARD and CrownBrass on FIYA tonight. Really felt that performance from everyone. The ballad is finally at a place where I am content. Agree with an earlier commenter about tense feeling of getting started tonight and wanting show they deserve a medal.

That being said, did anyone else feel that there were a few small musical tears early in the opener when the brass entered? Could've just been me and Flo. Also, don't come for me if this has already been answered- I am a busy resident who spent last night in the hospital and couldn't watch prelims- but they are marching a hole? Is this new for tonight?

My residency is likely not nearly as intense as yours, but from resident to resident, hope it’s going well!

• Like 2

Just now, Maleguena1988 said:

I think they did not start penalties until San Antonio. 

NightBeat is after Atlanta and San Antonio

2 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Dark...

Oh now I get it 😭 ya @ThePlanets that was dark as hell lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

This... was difficult to watch. This felt very dystopian/tone deaf to me.  I'm actually a bit disgusted.

Very dystopian/tone deaf but hey at least they didn’t have George Hopkins on hand to host the contest 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Our favorite song is fanfare for the Common man. Come on Crown. Play it

Our favorite song is clearly “Doodly Doo” from their 2012 and 2013 shows 😛

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, college-phan said:

Am I the only that finds this very sad? DCI is very very expensive and to see them make it a game is a little off putting. These kids wouldn’t be competing if they didn’t need the money. Did we just watch two kids have their dreams for next year dashed? Yuck. I need a shower after that.

Ya, it definitely didn’t hit for me like it was intended to……..

• Like 1