2023 Season Predictions

Bluecoats win #2

Blue Devils fight to the finish

SCV storms back

Jersey Surf marches Tempus Blue

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Nah I heard they're changing the judging system to whoever scores the lowest wins now. Bout to end BD's undefeated streak🫢

Championship will still reside in Concord CA. Blue Devils C will win it all with a score of 51.700.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, skevinp said:

I predict everyone will move up several spots.

Its the only way to not tick someone off.

But you just ticked off the BD fans because BD is at the top already and can't move up. And now has to share 1st with Bloo and Boston.

I know -- sometimes you just can't win even when trying to be nice. 

• Haha 2

1. TROOPERS (I have a hunch)
  2. Blue Devilish Coats
  3. Boston
  4. Crown (doing music from THE CROWN)
  5. Santa Clara / The Cadets
  6. MADISON SCOUTS
  7. PHANTOM REGIMENT

17 hours ago, TRacer said:

I predict that SCV-A will once again pass over a bunch of talent developed in SCVC over multiple seasons, field three dozen-plus age-outs in SCVC while the A-corps finishes 5th playing a closer written when Star was still on the field. Meanwhile, a few of the VC kids who got passed over go will to BD-A and win, just like they did in 2022. 

Edit: a pic of the ‘22 SCVC age-outs at OC Championships was posted on the SCV Alumni page; I counted 40. 

I'm seeing this sentiment crop up among alum and fans alike across social media platforms and all I can feel about it is sadness.

I was an outsider when I got my spot, and honestly it was probably only because the caption head (not an alum) knew who my mentor was (also not an alum.) There were hardly any other members from Texas at the time. It should be seen as unacceptable that SCVC talent is going to other corps. I think there's more going on there than meets the eye.  Vanguard has a history of squandering and smothering talented MMs with harmful traditions and staff inconsistency. I wish them much better fortune moving forward.

This broken talent pipeline only hurts both corps. I suggest a 30/30/30 ratio as a goal for SCV: 30% retainment of returning talent,  30%  from SCVC, and 30% from other corps. Leaving only 10% for putzes like me but that's OK. 😉

This will ensure the pipeline's success AND give those valuable SCVC MMs an outlet for all the lore and love that staff is known to pour into them. SCVC has a ton of alum on staff and you can tell.

Learning the essence of SCV is totally possible in both groups. But SCVC MMs have a leg up on it if they move to SCV. That's invaluable. And I'd argue it's kinda cruel to build SCVC up with Vanguard lore, magic, and love but then not help them build their pathway to expressing that in SCV. I got the same feeling when I couldn't march my last two years. It really sucks.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, skevinp said:

But will be unable to appear at retreat due to a conflict with bedtime.  

Comment.............of.............the...........year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2