2023 Season Predictions

6 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I want to see how many predictions are as far off next year as some were this year. It’s not even so much a prediction as it was an absolute for some.  Totally reasoned out.  Did anyone get the top 12 exactly right?  Curious.

Without looking I will say no because when was the last time 2 groups changed. May have gotten one or the other to make it. And I think I was like the only one that said Stars 7th 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Boston remains the Corps in the best position to win DCI for the first time.

how so? I would think Bloo given the back-to-back 2nds?

My prediction is that the Mandarins will continue their yearly improvement and score a 91 (or better) next year.

Seems the Mandarins are always the forgotten corps... but that's okay, because I'm sure they like other corps that are sleeping on them.

Edited by JohnDF
  • Like 3

I am going to do this a bit differently, but still predict rankings.

-Blue Devils 1st-2nd (because until they finish lower than 2nd, how can you think otherwise)
-Bluecoats 1st-4th
-Boston 1st-4th
-Crown 3rd-5th (I feel like they need an improvement design-wise in relation to the musical book and program theme, seemed to be a disconnect on that this year)
-SCV 3rd-6th
-Cadets 3rd-7th
-Blue Stars 6th-13th (I know this is a wide range, but if you are not one of the elite 4 or 5 at the top, it is hard to sustain the success)
-Cavaliers 5th-10th
-Mandarins 6th-10th
-Phantom 6th-11th
-Crossmen 10th-14th (Need to have a more accessible show to bring up the GE scores. There seemed to be a disconnect there this year. The kids did everything they could form a performance standpoint).
-Blue Knights 10th-14th
-Troopers 11th-14th
-Colts 11th-15th
-Madison 12th-16th
-Music City 12th-16th
-Pacific Crest 13th-18th
-Academy 14th-18th
-Genesis 16th-20th
-Surf 19th-25th

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Bloo has won before; for Boston it would be the first time.

oh yes, I see, to be a first-time winner they're clearly in the best position. Not really anyone close to winning that hasn't. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 9:15 PM, MedicineMan said:

I think that you may need to go back to your OUIJA board.

1.  Troopers; had an amazing 2022 year.  I love their tenacity and grit ; they connected with the DCI audience and were a well deserved 2022 finalist.  But for them to come in 10th place next year, they would have to beat the Mandarins and stay ahead of the likes of the Colts, Crossmen, Blue Knights, and a much improved Madison ensemble.  And who knows what the off year will bring to Music City, Academy, and the real unknown :  Spirit.  Thats a lot of competition coming after you.  I would also say that its a good bet that the Crossmen and Blue Knights will fix their program design issues for 2023 and will be back in the Saturday night show.

2.  Cadets ;  another great season.  They too were spectacular in 2022; but to advance to medal contention  in 2023 with the likes of the current top 5 is a very tall order.  These organizations are set up to be perennial top 3 corps.  Personally;  I would switch Vanguard for Cadets.

3.  BAC;  this one I would agree with you.  An absolutely amazing 2022 is only going to get better in 2023.

I've seen The Exorcist so I don't argue with the OUIJA Board.  The next time I have a cup of tea, I will take a look at the tea leaves and see if they confirm what the OUIJA Board predicted.

P.S.  My post was obviously tongue in cheek.  No one predicted that Colts and Troopers would be back in finals, that Boston would win(tie) the silver or that Bluecoats would take the Sanford a year ago. You can't take predictions a year out too seriously.

I somehow was 100% certain in my prediction that crown would win🫢

3 hours ago, LabMaster said:

I want to see how many predictions are as far off next year as some were this year. It’s not even so much a prediction as it was an absolute for some.  Totally reasoned out.  Did anyone get the top 12 exactly right?  Curious.

i'm spot on for at least 12 years now

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

how so? I would think Bloo given the back-to-back 2nds?

key words "for the first time"

• Like 1